Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby catfish1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:01 am

Hi,

Would like to get a good/cheap, & reliable mono laser printer for home use, mainly for sec 1 DS homework printout.. (<$200)

Also, relatively low in running cost? (toner, drum etc etc).

Would think, mono is good enough, do not need colour..

Any recommendation on brand/model or experience to share?

BTW, are you using laser or inkjet? was told, laser good for word printing, inkjet good for photo intensive printing..

Thanks

catfish1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby iwork » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:20 pm

catfish1 wrote:Hi,

Would like to get a good/cheap, & reliable mono laser printer for home use, mainly for sec 1 DS homework printout.. (<$200)

Also, relatively low in running cost? (toner, drum etc etc).

Would think, mono is good enough, do not need colour..

Any recommendation on brand/model or experience to share?

BTW, are you using laser or inkjet? was told, laser good for word printing, inkjet good for photo intensive printing..

Thanks

You can get a Brother ALL-IN-ONE printer, the price I know last time is about $188! Well, that is what I paid a year ago, and I am still using it.

You can print, scan and copy.

For toner, you can get compatible and cheaper one from Inkbow. (Order online and deliver to you!). A toner of about $45, can print 2000+ pages.

If you are printing mono, get a laser printer!

Hope that help.

iwork
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:17 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby catfish1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks iwork,

Am also thinking to get Brother too.. my last colour laser printer is Samsung...not very reliable.. want to check with more user before making the decision..

Brother has one mono laser printer HT-1110, only $68!!... anyone have experience over this printer? (not sure whether it come with starter toner, or need to separate purchase)..

catfish1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:47 pm

catfish1 wrote:Thanks iwork,

Am also thinking to get Brother too.. my last colour laser printer is Samsung...not very reliable.. want to check with more user before making the decision..

Brother has one mono laser printer HT-1110, only $68!!... anyone have experience over this printer? (not sure whether it come with starter toner, or need to separate purchase)..


Please do not buy HT 1110, I bought one less than a year ago becos it was cheap and come with starter toner and retiring it soon. Already 3rd toner now. Somehow print less than 500 pages per toner. In the end bought canon laser 3 in 1 printer last December to replace brother printer. So far very pleased with canon and Lexmark laser printer. Brother printer somehow cannot make it.....

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:38 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby catfish1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:47 am

FantasyLandDreams wrote:
catfish1 wrote:Thanks iwork,

Am also thinking to get Brother too.. my last colour laser printer is Samsung...not very reliable.. want to check with more user before making the decision..

Brother has one mono laser printer HT-1110, only $68!!... anyone have experience over this printer? (not sure whether it come with starter toner, or need to separate purchase)..


Please do not buy HT 1110, I bought one less than a year ago becos it was cheap and come with starter toner and retiring it soon. Already 3rd toner now. Somehow print less than 500 pages per toner. In the end bought canon laser 3 in 1 printer last December to replace brother printer. So far very pleased with canon and Lexmark laser printer. Brother printer somehow cannot make it.....


Thank FantasylandDreams for feedback,

Is HT 1110 only problem is toner consumption high? any other issue encountered during the last 1 year ownership? appreciate your feedback..

Based on my understanding, Canon, Epson etc are traditionally inkjet printer manufacturer.. but move up to laser recently..

catfish1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby needtoupdate » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:46 am

the HL 1110 has 2 consumables : the drum and toner

Repair centre @Gateway EAST TOWER beach road 01-01
operating hours up to 7 pm Mon - FRI and sat up to 3pm
Turn around target is 3 working days

needtoupdate
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby needtoupdate » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:47 am

the HL 1110 has 2 consumables : the drum and toner

Repair centre @Gateway EAST TOWER beach road 01-01
operating hours up to 7 pm Mon - FRI and sat up to 3pm
Turn around target is 3 working days

needtoupdate
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby 6y588 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:32 am

I have been using a Canon laser printer for the last 1.5 years and find their printers (my previous printer was also from Canon) to be quite reliable, although they may not be the cheapest.

My criteria for choosing a laser printer were pages-per-minute (PPM), WiFi, mono, scanner, and price levels (both printer and cartridge). You may want to consider functions such as auto-duplex if you print a lot of assignments, and/or auto-feeder if you perform lots of copying.

The URL below shows a list of available Canon laser printers:
http://tinyurl.com/newy49j

Also, you may want to buy original Canon cartridges only, as using substitutes will wear out your Canon printer quickly.

By the way, I am not associated with Canon, just a satisfied customer :cool:

6y588
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:18 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby catfish1 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:55 pm

Thanks for all the input.

Seems, many happy Canon printer users here :)

catfish1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Yes this is my second canon printer and very pleased with it. They frequently have trade in program during Christmas which helped saved a bit of money too. The trade in printer need not be canon brand printer.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:38 pm
Total Likes: 6


Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets