Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Re: Good & reliable mono laser printer for home

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:15 pm

catfish1 wrote:
FantasyLandDreams wrote:
catfish1 wrote:Thanks iwork,

Am also thinking to get Brother too.. my last colour laser printer is Samsung...not very reliable.. want to check with more user before making the decision..

Brother has one mono laser printer HT-1110, only $68!!... anyone have experience over this printer? (not sure whether it come with starter toner, or need to separate purchase)..

Please do not buy HT 1110, I bought one less than a year ago becos it was cheap and come with starter toner and retiring it soon. Already 3rd toner now. Somehow print less than 500 pages per toner. In the end bought canon laser 3 in 1 printer last December to replace brother printer. So far very pleased with canon and Lexmark laser printer. Brother printer somehow cannot make it.....

Thank FantasylandDreams for feedback,

Is HT 1110 only problem is toner consumption high? any other issue encountered during the last 1 year ownership? appreciate your feedback..

Based on my understanding, Canon, Epson etc are traditionally inkjet printer manufacturer.. but move up to laser recently..

Another problem is the black line which starts to appear in middle of page. If you ask me, a sgd60 printer is not worth the hassle and effort to send for repairs especially if no longer under warranty. So far the Lexmark and canon laser printers have served me well. Will stick to laser printer going forward. Jmho.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby susanlee11 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:07 pm

I have a Brother mono laser printer at home, the model is DCP - L2540DW.
Have been using for a month+, seems pretty good to me so far! It has wifi which is quite easy to configure, and haven give me problem so far!

Has scanner, copy, double side and I think it cost a little bit more than $200. The sales person recommend me this. So far so good! No jam or anything. Toner cost $90+ but can print up to 2000+ pages. Oh this printer can set it also to something like, don't need to print at the high quality, so I can print more!

Heard that can buy cheap ink from online but have yet to try.

susanlee11
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby KSEducation » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:07 pm

I use Canon and HP All-in-one, both are not bad as they support auto duplex printing

KSEducation
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Previous

Return to Technology & Gadgets

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres