iPad games that pri sch kids play these days

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!
slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:209

Re: iPad games that pri sch kids play these days

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:08 am

zac's mum wrote:
24hr-mum wrote:He can start to scream shout kick if take away. He sec1
Sorry I dunno what works on teenagers. To me, scream and shout still bearable if he’s not violent throwing things or hurting you.

Imagine if long term addiction is allowed to persist...next time go workplace, when supposed to do work, end up playing games, employer reprimand him & he scream and shout...is that acceptable behavior? Please look long term and see what could happen. Some “pain” is required now, to teach appropriate responsibility.
24hr-mum: I agree with zac's mum. You need to take action now while he's still relatively young. If not, when he's bigger and older, you will not be able to do anything at all. What's your husband's stand on this? Both of you need to agree on an action plan and stick to it, no matter how much your son screams etc. The gentler way is to limit the time he spends on the game and looking up youtube videos about it etc. But this has to be policed and enforced strictly, with penalties (deprivation of access) for violations. Or you can force him to go "cold turkey" for a period (at least 1 mth) and gradually reintroduce. If he's really out of control, you may want to go for family counselling. The main thing is to take some action - if you hope he will "grow out of it", you will be disappointed, and the problems will be harder to deal with later.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ammonite » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:00 am

I have the impression that clash royale is a social game. (Correct me if I have it mixed up with another one. ) if it is the game I have in mind, there are loyalties involved, so players feel bad leaving a game half way, or not responding to a battle call. It can bleed into their real life and friendships.

My suggestion is to have a talk with him - easier said than done, I know - and discuss some realistic limits and your concerns. You have to be honest if you are concern about his grades, or possible addiction etc. Does it mean that if he can keep his grades above a certain level, you will let him play without limits etc. If he is playing out of boredom, what alternatives are there for him at home that is not study related? If he is not doing well in school, what are the other contributing factors beside spending too much time on games - has the work piled up too high and looks insurmountable, is he too tired and does not know what is going on, are his teachers even teaching etc. Sometimes they need a bit of help to get back on track and the games are an escape rather than the cause.

Socially, it seems that sometimes the games are a way to make up after a fight in school - eg you quarrel or fight in school, but if you respond to a call for help in the game, you are showing that you want to be friends again and all is forgiven, and the next day in school will be fine. If you don’t respond that means you are still angry and the feud continues. Sometimes only, not always.

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by 24hr-mum » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:05 pm

We r seekg sch counselling.
Cant do cold turkey as he can hit people

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:209

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 pm

24hr-mum wrote:We r seekg sch counselling.
Cant do cold turkey as he can hit people
That sounds very serious. Hope the school counsellor can help.

CodeStart
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by CodeStart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:46 pm

[SURVEY FOR PARENTS - CHANCE TO WIN $100]
Calling all mummies and daddies! If you have a little one aged 4-7 (as of 31 Dec 2018), we need your help!
We are a group of final-year students from NTU who are working on a campaign that aims to introduce more opportunities for children to develop computational thinking.

It’s a short survey, and we’ll pick 4 winners at random to walk away with $100 CapitaLand vouchers each.

You can access the survey here: http://www.tinyurl.com/helloparents

If you know of parents who fit the criteria, it would mean a lot if you could pass it on, or tag them here so they can help out too. We really appreciate your help!!!

:thankyou: :udawoman:

Teehee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Teehee » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Hello
Parents who are looking for some educational apps to expose their children to fun, yet educational games on the iPad, your search is over. I have the best suggestion after which you all won't need to surf the internet for educational apps anymore. Here it goes. :)

https://www.thelearningapps.com/ - An educational websites that make apps and use games like quizzes, puzzles and more to sharpen a child's brainpower - Recommended to me by a Pre-school ifluencer.

The best of the learning apps:
BALLOON POPS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1397360555 - A brain training app for preschoolers and toddlers that uses balloon popping to helps children to enjoy and teaches them about all the alphabets, numbers, fruits, vegetables and much more.

Hope that helps!

Rachel572
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Rachel572 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:57 am

Teehee wrote:Hello
Parents who are looking for some educational apps to expose their children to fun, yet educational games on the iPad, your search is over. I have the best suggestion after which you all won't need to surf the internet for educational apps anymore. Here it goes. :)

https://www.thelearningapps.com/ - An educational websites that make apps and use games like quizzes, puzzles and more to sharpen a child's brainpower - Recommended to me by a Pre-school ifluencer.

The best of the learning apps:
BALLOON POPS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1397360555 - A brain training app for preschoolers and toddlers that uses balloon popping to helps children to enjoy and teaches them about all the alphabets, numbers, fruits, vegetables and much more.

Hope that helps!

Hi Teehee! Thank you for sharing. :goodpost:

Michy79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Michy79 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am

There are many apps/games nowadays that are teaching kids to do bad things.. It's okay to have them play on their ipad let's just make sure to monitor what they're playing..

jliu76746
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Puzzles is a good start to develop your child's critical thinking..