Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Electric Lunch box

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Re: Electric Lunch box

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:45 am

Funz wrote:If not, can always just use and adapter. I do that for those 'toys' that friends cart back for me from China.

We don't restrict ourselves to items with Singapore plugs now. Plug boards that take all kinds of plugs are very common now, and we find it easier to have a few of those spread round the house than to look for items with Singapore plugs.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:55 am

We have all sorts of adapters and plug boards at home. However, I still feel more assured using one that comes standard with Singapore power plugs, preferably with the power safety mark, especially if kids or old folks are using them.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Funz wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:Funz
The ones I saw were from china and one may need a suitable plug before we can use it at home
Also unsure these have the Safety mark on the mini rice cookers

Not sure which one you are looking at.

Like what NBM mentioned, there are a lot of options available on Qoo10. Some comes with Singapore power plug.

If not, can always just use and adapter. I do that for those 'toys' that friends cart back for me from China.

China has copies of copies that try to undercut one another....have to be very careful especially buying things with motors or heating coil. Most reputable brands will have overcurrent and/or some sort of thermal protection inbuilt into their device...which will most likely be missing when manufacturers of chiong products try to undercut each other.
Last edited by Nebbermind on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:14 pm

I will be extra careful if the electrical appliances are from some countries.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:47 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:I will be extra careful if the electrical appliances are from some countries.

Actually, they are mostly from just ONE country these days. :shrug:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:04 pm

I am looking at the EuropAce EJK107P that comes with a electric heating base, like those electric jugs.
The capacity is 1 litre, same as my rice cooker.

Anyone has heard reviews on it? I could not find any reviews online.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby foodie4stuff » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Funz wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:Funz
The ones I saw were from china and one may need a suitable plug before we can use it at home
Also unsure these have the Safety mark on the mini rice cookers

Not sure which one you are looking at.

Like what NBM mentioned, there are a lot of options available on Qoo10. Some comes with Singapore power plug.

If not, can always just use and adapter. I do that for those 'toys' that friends cart back for me from China.

China has copies of copies that try to undercut one another....have to be very careful especially buying things with motors or heating coil. Most reputable brands will have overcurrent and/or some sort of thermal protection inbuilt into their device...which will most likely be missing when manufacturers of chiong products try to undercut each other.

thanks for sharing!

foodie4stuff
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Previous

Return to Technology & Gadgets

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres