iPhone 6s plus or Samsung note 5

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

iPhone 6s plus or Samsung note 5

Postby atrecord » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:44 am

I've been using Samsung phones for the last 3 recontracts, and will recontract again this weekend.

Am used to samsung, but has been disappointed with my current note 4 as it required encryption for my office email, and after encryption, it had hung numerous times, and will auto-restart after about 1-3 min, and the camera has stopped umpteen times, which I'd never experienced before this phone.

But I'm very used to the swipe method for keying, so am hesitant to dump android altogether...

Is there any experts here who can throw ideas on which one is better choice?

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: iPhone 6s plus or Samsung note 5

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:18 pm

atrecord wrote:I've been using Samsung phones for the last 3 recontracts, and will recontract again this weekend.

Am used to samsung, but has been disappointed with my current note 4 as it required encryption for my office email, and after encryption, it had hung numerous times, and will auto-restart after about 1-3 min, and the camera has stopped umpteen times, which I'd never experienced before this phone.

But I'm very used to the swipe method for keying, so am hesitant to dump android altogether...

You can try to reset and reinstall all the applications on your note 4 to see if it goes away. If it does, then ok, otherwise even if you upgrade to note 5 the problem will likely remain.

Maybe it's time for you to bite the fruit :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby atrecord » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
atrecord wrote:I've been using Samsung phones for the last 3 recontracts, and will recontract again this weekend.

You can try to reset and reinstall all the applications on your note 4 to see if it goes away. If it does, then ok, otherwise even if you upgrade to note 5 the problem will likely remain.

Maybe it's time for you to bite the fruit :)

Thanks… too lazy to do reset leh…
maybe the fruit indeed. But am worried fingers cannot type on the keyboard again, after getting so used to the swipe method on the samsungs...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:33 am

atrecord wrote:But I'm very used to the swipe method for keying, so am hesitant to dump android altogether...

If you are used to swiping, most of the swipe keyboards (eg fleksy, swype) are also available on the iPhone. So, it shouldn't be a very important consideration.

If any of your important apps are android only (got such apps?!) or you are unwilling to repurchase some of your paid apps in iOS, you may have to stick to android.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atrecord » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:20 am

floppy wrote:
atrecord wrote:But I'm very used to the swipe method for keying, so am hesitant to dump android altogether...

If you are used to swiping, most of the swipe keyboards (eg fleksy, swype) are also available on the iPhone. So, it shouldn't be a very important consideration.

A colleague told me about this too, but also said that the reviews for these are not too good, so they might not be that useful and maybe don't waste time on them.

Have you tried them and do you feel differently?

tks,
yk

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirated » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:37 am

Just my experience - Samsung / android is just too cumbersome and complicated to me

iOS to me is more intuitive and idiot proof.

The Samsung users next to me has more complaints than ever on system hang

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:28 pm

For me, it's time to switch phones when I see an ah beng using the same phone as me... :lol:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby pirated » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:45 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:For me, it's time to switch phones when I see an ah beng using the same phone as me... :lol:

Ah Beng and Ah Seng carry both Samsung Samseng and iPhone and Xiaomi

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:25 pm

pirated wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:For me, it's time to switch phones when I see an ah beng using the same phone as me... :lol:

Ah Beng and Ah Seng carry both Samsung Samseng and iPhone and Xiaomi

I know... that's why I keep switching between brands. I usually go for the less popular brands - eg. Sony, Huawei... and more recently... Samsung :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby floppy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 am

atrecord wrote:
floppy wrote:

A colleague told me about this too, but also said that the reviews for these are not too good, so they might not be that useful and maybe don't waste time on them.

Have you tried them and do you feel differently?

tks,
yk

I've tried them, but I switch back to default after a couple of days. I'm used to typing, even on my Samsung (I uses 2 phones if you are wondering - 1 iOS iPhone and 1 android phone).

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets