Seagate Personal Cloud

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Seagate Personal Cloud

Postby atrecord » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:29 am

Hi tech experts,

Need some advice here: I bought a Seagate Personal Cloud (NAS), and am having problems with setting it up to run properly.

I was told that there is setting to allow users to remotely access the NAS from outside, as long as there is internet/data.

When I tried to set it up, the NAS often will say cannot authenticate, that the username/password is incorrect. And I'm still trying to set up, haven't even started to use it.

Has anyone have experience with this?

tks.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Seagate Personal Cloud

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:47 pm

If the NAS does authenticate sometimes, then it could be due to a network connectivity issue. If you have never managed to login to the NAS, then it is a NAS account setup problem.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Seagate Personal Cloud

Postby atrecord » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:If the NAS does authenticate sometimes, then it could be due to a network connectivity issue. If you have never managed to login to the NAS, then it is a NAS account setup problem.

Can go in and create user leh, but after creating, want to adjust the 'settings', once click 'setting', it asks to authenticate again, and when I key in the same details (user and password) as before creating user, it will then say either user or password is incorrect!!!

Fed up… Can there be one set of username/password to go in and create user, and another set of username/password for adjusting settings?

tks...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Technology & Gadgets