Laptop stand

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Laptop stand

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:01 pm

My coming to 4 years old Fujitsu display is giving me problem. The screen can only be seen not jumping at a certain angle, maybe 60degree? This makes it difficult to read due to overhead lighting reflected on the screen or insufficient natural lighting reflected on the screen.

I am using hubby's laptop stand now as he is travelling.

I do not like his laptop stand as I find the laptop jerking slightly when I type on the keyboard, especially those keys on the sides.

The stand is NeoFlex by Erogotron

http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/254/Default.aspx

I guess the jerking is due to the stand being a triangular shaped with one arm only.

Anyone using a laptop stand that is sturdy, no jerking?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Laptop stand

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:29 am

If your problem is that the nb has highly glossy screen, then maybe just have to look for an anti glare screen 'protector'

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:55 am

I have a laptop cooler (fan underneath) where the laptop sits perfectly on it. Won't shake.
Also have a portable laptop stand which is more like a mini table its height is just nice to put over your thighs so can use when sitting at sofa.
Bought from Challenger

You can consider external keyboard. Can type faster and won't shake even if you use your existing laptop stand since you'll be typing on the external keyboard.

Regarding the laptop screen, you can also consider buying another monitor. I have been using dual screens for years. I find laptop screen too small and also dual screens allow me to open compare data side by side, can watch video, surf ksp, whatsapp all at the same time on dual screens. As if I'm running a big business huh? :laugh:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:21 am

Nebbermind wrote:If your problem is that the nb has highly glossy screen, then maybe just have to look for an anti glare screen 'protector'

I work with figures, would an anti glad screen protector make the figure looks not sharp?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 am

sleepy wrote:I have a laptop cooler (fan underneath) where the laptop sits perfectly on it. Won't shake.
Also have a portable laptop stand which is more like a mini table its height is just nice to put over your thighs so can use when sitting at sofa.
Bought from Challenger

You can consider external keyboard. Can type faster and won't shake even if you use your existing laptop stand since you'll be typing on the external keyboard.

Regarding the laptop screen, you can also consider buying another monitor. I have been using dual screens for years. I find laptop screen too small and also dual screens allow me to open compare data side by side, can watch video, surf ksp, whatsapp all at the same time on dual screens. As if I'm running a big business huh? :laugh:

I have considered getting an external monitor. But since the laptop is coming to 4 years old and I have an extra laptop (bought last Sept) at home, I thought maybe I should work with two laptops for the time being until the Fujitsu KO on its own.

Only issue is lack of work space. I need to use the dining table.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:27 am

Did not think of using an external keyboard. I think we might have one at home, was a free gift that comes with one of hubby's laptop or elder boy's laptop purchase some years ago. Not sure their whereabouts now, gave away?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:47 am

Jennifer wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:If your problem is that the nb has highly glossy screen, then maybe just have to look for an anti glare screen 'protector'

I work with figures, would an anti glad screen protector make the figure looks not sharp?

I doubt the sharpness will be affected greatly. Personally, it's more difficult to work when there's reflection on the display.

Not sure what is in the market but if possible, buy a removable sheet like those laptop privacy filter coz it'll not be easy applying a 15" film...unless the seller/shop can do it for you swee swee.

Not sure if you really want to use an external KB coz that will push the screen further away...display will appear smaller...more straining if you are working with numbers. Still, no harm trying if you have one at home.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:55 am

Nebbermind wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

I doubt the sharpness will be affected greatly. Personally, it's more difficult to work when there's reflection on the display.

Not sure what is in the market but if possible, buy a removable sheet like those laptop privacy filter coz it'll not be easy applying a 15" film...unless the seller/shop can do it for you swee swee.

Not sure if you really want to use an external KB coz that will push the screen further away...display will appear smaller...more straining if you are working with numbers. Still, no harm trying if you have one at home.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

I see if I can borrow a external keyboard from someone to try out.

Exploring all options.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:49 pm

I found this no frills table quite stable. But it is currently out of stock - the large table is 60 cm and quite suitable for the sofa or even bed.

DH, DS and I fight for it these days, if you find something similar do let me know.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/WOODEN-SIDE-T ... /422171636

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets