Inserting pdf inline in an email?

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Inserting pdf inline in an email?

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:50 am

Asking for help: anyone know how to insert pdf inline in an email? I use Thunderbird and it doesn't seem possible. Or any other EASY solution for inserting a prepared document and retaining the arrangement of images, text boxes etc? I don't want to fiddle with html.

I don't want to just attach the document because I reckon very few will take the trouble to open it. But plain text won't look as nice. Thanks for any advice!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Inserting pdf inline in an email?

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:14 am

You mean inserting part of a pdf?
Snapshot in pdf and paste as 'pic'?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Nebbermind wrote:You mean inserting part of a pdf?
Snapshot in pdf and paste as 'pic'?

But that would convert the pdf to an image, won't it? I still want the recipients to be able to cut and past the words etc from the email.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:40 pm

I don't think it is possible without first converting it to an image. At least not with gmail.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ammonite » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:46 pm

slmkhoo wrote:Asking for help: anyone know how to insert pdf inline in an email? I use Thunderbird and it doesn't seem possible. Or any other EASY solution for inserting a prepared document and retaining the arrangement of images, text boxes etc? I don't want to fiddle with html.

I don't want to just attach the document because I reckon very few will take the trouble to open it. But plain text won't look as nice. Thanks for any advice!

I don't think there will be an issue attaching a pdf file in the work arena. It is pretty common.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:47 pm

slmkhoo wrote:Asking for help: anyone know how to insert pdf inline in an email? I use Thunderbird and it doesn't seem possible. Or any other EASY solution for inserting a prepared document and retaining the arrangement of images, text boxes etc? I don't want to fiddle with html.

I don't think there will be an issue attaching a pdf file in the work arena. It is pretty common.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:20 pm

ammonite wrote:

Not work, so no incentive for the recipient to actually open it! Well, it looks like I'll have to do something else.
[Disclaimer - I'm not a sender of junk mail, but it's non-urgent mail that we don't want the recipient to keep putting off opening indefinitely!]

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:44 pm

Then highlight and copy the entire chunk of words from the pdf copy and paste it onto your email for recipient to read :P

Inline copy can appear in office Lotus Notes and Outlook, not just in Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo.

There are free ones for you to try out if you are adventurous.

https://beefree.io/plugin/

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:10 am

jetsetter wrote:Then highlight and copy the entire chunk of words from the pdf copy and paste it onto your email for recipient to read :P

But you lose the formatting.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:27 am

Why not just do both then? Snapshot and paste as pic, and also attach the pdf?

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets