GPS Watch for Kids

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

GPS Watch for Kids

Postby xerith » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:14 am

My SO will be bringing our child (4.5 yo) on overseas holiday alone. However, both of us are concerned since our child frequently runs off by himself (its relatively safe in Singapore but not so in the country they are going).

We are looking at buying a GPS wrist watch for kids that can be used for overseas to track his location. Has anyone used any before?

1. What brand / model to recommend?
2. Would it work overseas?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Re: GPS Watch for Kids

Postby fable » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:52 pm

I bought one for my son early last year. It does work in that i can track his position on my phone through an app. But a few things you should know -
It runs on 2G which is being phased out very soon so you wont be able to use it for long.

If you want live feedback of where your child us you will need to activate i think through smses which cost more if you are roaming. Otherwise it updates every 10 or 15 min I think

Its not super accurate - eg when we are home it registers him sometimes as being across the expressway maybe 700m away.

So all in all my feeling is just teach your child to stay close, its a good learning opportunity

Re: GPS Watch for Kids

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:21 pm

Something for your consideration: ... s-trackers

But I agree with fable. It's better to educate your child to stay close.

Site Admin

Return to Technology & Gadgets