iphone X

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:137

Re: iphone X

Post by janet88 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:18 am

BranT wrote:Too expensive.I'm an apple fan though. I still have my iPhone 6s+ and so far it's been doing great. No issues yet since I bought it when it was first released. ;)
it's way too ex...I've played with it at m1. don't fancy the idea of not having a home button.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:238

Post by floppy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 pm

janet88 wrote:
BranT wrote:Too expensive.I'm an apple fan though. I still have my iPhone 6s+ and so far it's been doing great. No issues yet since I bought it when it was first released. ;)
it's way too ex...I've played with it at m1. don't fancy the idea of not having a home button.
I don't miss the home button one bit.

robinsy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by robinsy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm quite bothered that it's not as full screen as I thought it would be because of the space provided for the front cam.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:07 pm

robinsy wrote:I'm quite bothered that it's not as full screen as I thought it would be because of the space provided for the front cam.
that protruding black area is the camera which allows face recognition.

Vanz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Vanz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:06 am

The iPhone X was a huge XXXXX from Apple, but one that really paid off. Losing the home button and altering the design was a dangerous move, but one that was sorely needed after years of similarity and the premium design, extra power, all-screen front mix together to create - by far - the best iPhone!

Elaine.chua
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Elaine.chua » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 pm

One of my Friend who works in Apple corporate mention that the sales wasn’t as expected. Likely due to the high price bracket it is in. Compared to their previous phones.

Nonetheless I bought one via contract and my Husband got the 8+. Apparently i am still more used to the home button with his 8+ than my own X

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 pm

Elaine.chua wrote:One of my Friend who works in Apple corporate mention that the sales wasn’t as expected. Likely due to the high price bracket it is in. Compared to their previous phones.
Record worldwide profit (USD20B) in a record-setting quarter with the highest revenue ever from a new iPhone lineup. iPhone X has been Apple top-selling iPhone every week since it shipped in November.

Not bad for a phone that isn’t doing well in sales.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/bu ... rs-9918792

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 am

there is a brand of mobile phone (is it oppo or Huawei?) which has a similar design as iPhone X.
hubby told me there will be a cheaper version of iPhone X coming this year.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 am

janet88 wrote:there is a brand of mobile phone (is it oppo or Huawei?) which has a similar design as iPhone X.
hubby told me there will be a cheaper version of iPhone X coming this year.
I think all the upcoming Android phones (except Samsung) are copying the iPhone X 'notch' design.
There won't be a cheaper version of iPhone X coming... he is most likely thinking of the iPhone SE 2 - which will probably be adopting the iPhone 8 / 8 Plus design.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:16 pm

presently using iPhone plus...although it's easy on the eyes, it feels uncomfortable to put in the pocket and I do not have the habit of keeping in the bag. my son is eyeing my phone as it has a bigger screen but I do not fancy taking over his because they (hubby included) do not look after their mobile phones.