iphone X

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!
starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Re: iphone X

Post by starlight1968sg » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Hubby did a recontract with StarHub at JP.
All along the 3 of us shared a plan.
Today we were told no more such plan; dd and I each pay $25 per mth w/o contract for 3gb + 10gb (promo until 6 mar)!
Dh’s would be under corporate plan at $40 per mth with the above amt of data.
The staff checked our history and found we were with StarHub since 1999! In the end she found a Welcone Plan for dd and I; we each pay $8 per mth with 1gb and 50min outgoing. The Plan lasts a year.
We bought iphone Xs at $799 too; most likely dd will be using since am still ok with my old iphone.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by starlight1968sg » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 pm

For iphone Xs, the ant in terms of % of battery is absent.

CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CerlynR » Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 am

What's the best alternate Android phone for iPhone X? Is Samsung Galaxy S10 a perfect match?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:161

Post by floppy » Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 am

CerlynR wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 am
What's the best alternate Android phone for iPhone X? Is Samsung Galaxy S10 a perfect match?
What do you mean by alternate?

If it’s a phone that serves basic function, any phone.

If it’s a phone for mobile photography, maybe S10 or some of the flagship phones.

If it’s a phone with the breath and depth of Apple ecosystem, none.

Leah.A
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Leah.A » Wed May 15, 2019 10:00 am

I am quite impressed by the new huawei camera... I still love apple but the competitors are getting better...

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:161

Post by floppy » Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Leah.A wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:00 am
I am quite impressed by the new huawei camera... I still love apple but the competitors are getting better...
Depends on your definition of “better”?

Better hardware? Apple iPhone never (ever) had the best hardware. Competitors are always miles ahead.

Better software? Android 9.0 Pie was released 6 months ago. How many NEW Android phones are running that?

Better integration of hardware and software? This is the reason why Apple is king. Would probably take competitors another 5 years to catch up.

Better ecosystem? See above. Would probably take competitors another 10 years to catch up.

Leah.A
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Leah.A » Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 pm

floppy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 pm
Leah.A wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:00 am
Depends on your definition of “better”?

Better hardware? Apple iPhone never (ever) had the best hardware. Competitors are always miles ahead.

Better software? Android 9.0 Pie was released 6 months ago. How many NEW Android phones are running that?

Better integration of hardware and software? This is the reason why Apple is king. Would probably take competitors another 5 years to catch up.

Better ecosystem? See above. Would probably take competitors another 10 years to catch up.
I could not have said it better.

Alex75
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Alex75 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:55 am

iPhones are luxury phones, if you're a techy person you would choose high end Android phones. Androids are way ahead than iPhones.