LEARNConcierge

Any software can create electronic notebooks in mobile phone

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Any software can create electronic notebooks in mobile phone

Postby snowlotus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:26 pm

My secondary school boy has a lot of study notes from school and he always lost the notes, every time when exams come I can see him searching his bag and book shelf here and there but still sometimes he had to borrow notes from his classmates and photo copy.... I am thinking to make his notes electronic and save in his mobile phone so he can view it anywhere even in MRT... any software can do that?

snowlotus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Any software can create electronic notebooks in mobile p

Postby ngl2010 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Take photo of his notes?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:50 pm

snowlotus wrote:My secondary school boy has a lot of study notes from school and he always lost the notes, every time when exams come I can see him searching his bag and book shelf here and there but still sometimes he had to borrow notes from his classmates and photo copy.... I am thinking to make his notes electronic and save in his mobile phone so he can view it anywhere even in MRT... any software can do that?

Evernote.
The Rolls Royce of note taking software.
Available on laptop, mobile and tablet.

Can use it in typewritten form, take photos, or scan as PDF. PDF can be OCR which means instant search for notes, keywords etc. can even link it to online research, webpages etc.

Free version slightly limited, though good enough for some people, proper professional version requires serious cash.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby appguru » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:05 pm

You may try Quick Notes which is available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByjQp ... WNSOXdyTnM
With this tools, you can make notes/book by taking photo or select picture from gallery. The picture is adjusted to the device resolution, small size. And it have some audio/speech features, may used to make audio picture for kid. Wish it is helpful to you. Thanks.

appguru
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tankee » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Microsoft OneNote

does your child's school provide the student with office 365?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Nebbermind » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:33 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Take photo of his notes?

Yes, digitizing notes probably one of the best ways in dealing with missing notes.
But I see the main problem being the inability to do regular housekeeping and filing....and without such discipline, unlikely he will photo or scan his notes regularly.

Anyway, CS scanner is a pretty useful hp scanner

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby snowlotus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:18 am

Thanks all for info, I will try...

snowlotus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:12 am

Nebbermind wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:Take photo of his notes?

Yes, digitizing notes probably one of the best ways in dealing with missing notes.
But I see the main problem being the inability to do regular housekeeping and filing....and without such discipline, unlikely he will photo or scan his notes regularly.

I agree. If he finds it hard to keep track of hard copy notes, it is unlikely he will keep digital notes properly either. He needs to have a system for good housekeeping - maybe get him to collect together all his notes every weekend and file and/or scan them. And he will need a good way to organise his digital notes as well or they will be in a mess, not gathered in a folder etc, and he will face the same problem!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Technology & Gadgets

LEARNConcierge