March 2019: What's Your Idea of Career Guidance?

We are starting this Monthly Forum to stimulate discussion and throw up novel ideas you can use. Write in with your best ideas and you stand to win some attractive prizes.
KiasuMod
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

March 2019: What's Your Idea of Career Guidance?

Post by KiasuMod » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:51 pm

We had some great posts for the February Contest. We hope this contest will gather momentum in the coming months.

Alright, now for the March topic: What’s your idea of Career Guidance for your child? Are you the liberal sort who would leave your children to choose their own academic paths and consequently their careers? How far would you go to influence (pressure???) them? Share your thoughts. Post your comments by 26 March 2019.

For the general rules, see https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... 99&t=92863

The best post will receive a Food Hamper worth $100, generously sponsored by Simply Hamper

Carol222
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: March 2019: What's Your Idea of Career Guidance?

Post by Carol222 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:05 am

Children, being young, lack the breadth of experience we parents have. I can see that my children have different aptitudes and personalities. I avoid the temptation of telling then you should be a lawyer, or an artist or architect. What I do instead is encourage them to take an interest in different things, especially those that bring out their natural advantages.

KiasuMod
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: March 2019: What's Your Idea of Career Guidance?

Post by KiasuMod » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Any thoughts to share on the subject of career guidance for your children? The best post will receive a Food Hamper worth $100, generously sponsored by Simply Hamper.