For Reference for P1 registration: MOE Official Letters

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
tankee
Site Admin
Total Likes:23

Re: For Reference for P1 registration: MOE Official Letters

Post by tankee » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Original Post - kayemoss :thankyou: for sharing

Here is the reply from MOE based on my questions to them for the statutory declaration:

Date: 10 July, 2013 11:28:20 AM GMT+08:00
To: "XXXXX" <XXXXX@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: FW: Pri 1 Registration - Statutory Declaration Enquiries (ref: 2013/07/006649) CRM:0430972
Dear Ms XXXXX,

Thank you for your email of 6 July 2013.

We wish to share that parents who wish to register their child during the 2013 Primary One (P1) registration exercise using the address of the child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling, and the address is within 2 km from the school of choice, they can apply for Statutory Declaration (SD) if they meet with the following criteria:

• Both parents are working full-time at the time the statutory declaration was made; and
• The child is under the full time care of a grandparent or a parent’s sibling; and
• The child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling is not employed.

The child will have to be under the full time care of a grandparent or a parent’s sibling as at the time that the SD was made in order for parents to be able to make a SD.

As such, you may wish to know that parents will be eligible to make a SD if the child is under the full time care of his/her grandparent or a parent’s sibling after attending full-day childcare.
We also wish to further share that both parents will be required to furnish recent employment letters from their employers to show their full-time employment.

The employment letters should include the following details:

• Company Letterhead;
• Formal letter by company stating clearly that the applicant is a full-time employee;
• Details of the applicant;
• NRIC of the applicant.

For more information on the SD, please visit our website at the following address: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... claration/.

Further details on the 2013 P1 registration exercise can also be found at: http://www.moe.edu.sg/education/admissi ... istration/

We would be pleased to assist if you require further clarification by emailing us at contact@moe.gov.sg with the following reference no.: 2013/07/006649.

For more information on MOE related enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.moe.gov.sg. Alternatively, you may call us at 6872 2220 (Mondays to Fridays: 8am to 6pm and Saturdays: 8am to 1pm) or call +65 6872 2220 via your local operator if you are calling from overseas.

Thank you and have a pleasant week ahead.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXX
Customer Services Branch, MOE
for PERMANENT SECRETARY (EDUCATION)

Sent: Saturday, 6 July, 2013 10:07 AM
To: Contact Us (MOE)
Subject: Pri 1 Registration - Statutory Declaration Enquiries

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I have the following queries with regards to the Statutory Declaration Eligibility & Required documents:

1. I just started work at my current company, will the letter of Appointment act as a the Employment letter or I need to produce a separate letter stating employment at my current company?

2. Is it mandatory to produce the employment letters from both parents?

3. My child is in full day child care centre but my Mum (the grandparent) is the one who fetches her to & fro the child care centre and taking care of her in the evening. Does this still qualify her as under full time care of the grandparent?

pinkdaisy88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: For Reference for P1 registration: MOE Official Letters

Post by pinkdaisy88 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:07 am

Sent: Thursday, 11 July, 2013 9:36 AM
To: Contact Us (MOE)
Subject: P1 Registration

Hi,

I am writing in to enquire the following for the purpose of Primary 1 registration.

"From MOE website:

Proof of Purchase of Yet-to-be Completed Property
An original Sales and Purchase document is required if the address of a yet-to-be completed private property is used for registration. The date of commitment by the developer in the Temporary Occupation Permit (T.O.P.) has to be within two years of the child’s entry into Primary One. In the case of a yet-to-be completed HDB flat, the Agreement for Lease is required.

Parents must move into the new property within two years of the child’s entry into Primary One."

As I am getting a bank loan for the purchase of my Yet-to-be Completed Property, the original Sales and Purchase document is with the Bank for retention. Can I get a copy, certified true by the bank's lawyers, for submission of my proof of address for the P1 registration?

Appreciate your urgent reply please as the hotline to the P1 registration is really hard to get through.

Regards,
xxx

to: xxx
date: 15 July 2013 18:17
subject: RE: FW: P1 Registration
mailed-by: moe.gov.sg

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your email of 11 July 2013.

We would like to share that you may produce the "Certified True Copy" of the Sales and Purchase document together with the bank agreement for loan.

Please visit our website: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... istration/ for more information on the 2013 P1 Registration Exercise.

For more information on MOE related enquiries, please visit our website at www.moe.gov.sg. Alternatively, you may call us at 6872 2220 (Mondays to Fridays: 8am to 6pm and Saturdays: 8am to 1pm) or call +65 6872 2220 via your local operator if you are calling from overseas.

Thank you and have a pleasant week ahead.

Yours sincerely,

Bryan John
Customer Services Branch, MOE
for PERMANENT SECRETARY (EDUCATION)