Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:19 am

icy_mama wrote:hope you've had a wonderful time at the gardens last evening. weather was wonderful! :please:

http://www.sbg.org.sg/calendar/regisform.asp?ID=815

it is today.

Thank you for the reminder, I totally forgot about it. Had bou the food for tonight's dinner :oops:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am

Found this caterpillar on the tomato plant.

A butterfly or moth?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:29 am

My last tomato plant.

Attempts to fruit r disappointing, often dried up in initial stage of 2mm diameter only.

Tidied up the pots, now left with the original money plant (trimmed down), a new pot of money plant (cuttings from the original pot), a new pot of chilli padi plant and the last tomato plant.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:02 pm

I've never tried growing tomatoes. Might try one of these days. Maybe start of next year when I get more sun in my garden.

You have enough leaves on your tomato plant? Rear that caterpillar and find out.

Have a wonderful evening at Bot Gdns.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby icy_mama » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:hope you've had a wonderful time at the gardens last evening. weather was wonderful! :please:

http://www.sbg.org.sg/calendar/regisform.asp?ID=815

it is today.

Thank you for the reminder, I totally forgot about it. Had bou the food for tonight's dinner :oops:

aha! have a good time tonight then! :rahrah:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:01 am

how was the concert last evening?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:30 am

icy_mama wrote:how was the concert last evening?

did not go :oops:

already planned home dinner.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:35 am

The caterpillar is gone. Could not find it anywhere.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 am

I am going to share sth that is likely to invite judgement from people who are not like-minded, hence please bear with me :pray:

Years ago when elder boy was in lower pri lvl, hubby got a Chinese national psychologist to come to our house to do a IQ assessment of our children.

Based on conversation with elder boy, the psychologist concluded that elder boy will do well in Science & Maths. Fast forward to today, true to his assessment, elder boy is inclined to these and at the same time, has a flair for English Literature.

We also did the assessment for ah boy. His result was a total opposite of the older brother. We were always amazed by ah boy's ability to pick up playing the piano simply by standing next to elder boy and watching quietly even though it was the simple tune of Mary had a little lamb. He was just a toddler then.

Now, we are faced with the task of selecting sec sch for ah boy.

Though he does well in Maths n Science, his ability to grasp concepts is not as fast as elder boy. A concept which elder boy can grasp in one sitting, ah boy might need 2 to 3 doses.

He is very interested in History n good in Geography. Even at a young age, he is well informed with which route to take when we r driving to xxx. He takes an interest in familiarising himself with these information.

Like I have always said, the 2 of them are complete opposite of each other though just as competitive.

Ah boy has expressed a desire to go to NJC which I think might not really suit him well.

Whether ah boy is able to get a t-score to qualify for NJC is besides the point. I am concerned what type of sec sch is really suitable for him.

Recently elder boy shared with us that one of his sch mate got into NJC via DSA, the sch mate got a t-score of 240. Elder boy feels that this sch mate is coping with NJC but not as easy as himself.

I hv made an apt with another psychologist to do a formal IQ assessment. Hopefully the result will help us in knowing what his strengths lie in and we will be able to find a sec sch that he will strive in.

PEACE

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:26 am

Jen,

Ah Boy is strong-willed. I am sure he will survive in any school. Why don't you let him make the decision? It will be better for your relationship with him and it is part and parcel of him growing up.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres