General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:37

Re: The Stressed Parents

Post by Imami » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:11 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
janet88 wrote:I prefer to sit in front of the PC or ipad...I can go without TV.
:oops: I hog the TV in my house. Cannot do without my TV... All the crime series and cooking shows. How to resist.
:laugh: me too, :celebrate: even though there isn't much time for me to hog. I keep telling the people around me that I am making up the lost time!

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Post by bb_ mom » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Yes! Making up for those times when working full time and got home late. Or continued working at home after kids were off to bed.

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by ImMeeMee » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:31 pm

buds wrote:

This is really pretty, ImMeeMee.

I suppose you find handiwork like this therapeutic. I can stitch and sew manually and with a machine, tried knitting, cross stitch but I don't really enjoy these activities and personally I find that I'm not very nimble.

I am better with craft, scrap booking, working with paper, boards, felt and the likes. Few years back, picked up baking and never looked back. It offers both aroma plus the therapeutic aura - best kinda aromatherapy available. Lol. :lol:
Thanks buds. I used to do cross stitch too, but have grown out of it. Though I love sewing, I dont do knitting and crochet, cos somehow the feel is different. Who knows, one day I will pick up again.

Tried simple baking previously but its like how sewing is to you ... I just cant get the hang of it ... :gloomy:

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ImMeeMee » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:32 pm

ammonite wrote:So beautiful, ImMeeMee! Thanks to you I learn something new today. :)
Thanks ammonite. Next target is quilting ... wish me luck and akan datang!

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:68

Post by schweppes » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:08 pm

ImMeeMee wrote:My latest. Japanese sashiko embroidery. Basic running stitch built on the concept of symmetry. Great fun but needs patience and perseverance.
Thanks for sharing, ImMeeMee. Your handicraft is really amazing :salute: :ugogirl:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Post by schweppes » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:13 pm

ImMeeMee wrote:
ammonite wrote:So beautiful, ImMeeMee! Thanks to you I learn something new today. :)
I viewed a feature video on Lim Suet Fern's (LHY's wife) work on quilting. It was beautifully done. Initially she started out to de-stress but it has evolved into something she enjoys. After she completes them, she hangs her quilts as wall pieces around her home.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:211

Post by slmkhoo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:20 pm

schweppes wrote:I viewed a feature video on Lim Suet Fern's (LHY's wife) work on quilting. It was beautifully done. Initially she started out to de-stress but it has evolved into something she enjoys. After she completes them, she hangs her quilts as wall pieces around her home.
Lovely, but you need a big home with lots of blank walls! And family members who don't suffer from allergic rhinitis. I made a couple of small quilts long ago, but found that I had nowhere to hang them. Skill level not too high either!

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Post by schweppes » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:34 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
schweppes wrote:I viewed a feature video on Lim Suet Fern's (LHY's wife) work on quilting. It was beautifully done. Initially she started out to de-stress but it has evolved into something she enjoys. After she completes them, she hangs her quilts as wall pieces around her home.
Lovely, but you need a big home with lots of blank walls! And family members who don't suffer from allergic rhinitis. I made a couple of small quilts long ago, but found that I had nowhere to hang them. Skill level not too high either!
She probably has help to maintain the quilts and I'm sure the house is air-conditioned 24/7. Even then, she was also saying that she doesn't have sufficient walls in her home to hang all the quilts that she has sewn. She must have sewn lots.

Oh, you do quilting too, slmkhoo?! :salute: I'm full of admiration for those who can embroider/cross-stitch/quilt/knit et al, small ones or otherwise. Unfortunately, have limited patience and my fat fingers are of no help :razz:

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ImMeeMee » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:05 pm

schweppes wrote:
ImMeeMee wrote:
I viewed a feature video on Lim Suet Fern's (LHY's wife) work on quilting. It was beautifully done. Initially she started out to de-stress but it has evolved into something she enjoys. After she completes them, she hangs her quilts as wall pieces around her home.
Schwepps

Looking at what she has made, i don't think i can produce something as sophisticated. Beginners level. Will try something simple first ... :smile:

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:211

Post by slmkhoo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:31 am

schweppes wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:
She probably has help to maintain the quilts and I'm sure the house is air-conditioned 24/7. Even then, she was also saying that she doesn't have sufficient walls in her home to hang all the quilts that she has sewn. She must have sewn lots.

Oh, you do quilting too, slmkhoo?! :salute: I'm full of admiration for those who can embroider/cross-stitch/quilt/knit et al, small ones or otherwise. Unfortunately, have limited patience and my fat fingers are of no help :razz:
No, not "into" quilting! I just tried making a couple to try, but wasn't too impressed by my efforts! The only thing I've been quite good at is cross-stitch, but also ran out of space (and friends/relatives to give to). I've done some simple knitting, but again, quality not there.