Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
Juzgirlz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan

Post by Juzgirlz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi,

Would like to know if anyone been to Turi Beach resort? I'm plannin a family trip there but I'm not sure if it is any good.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:16 am

For Batam, we don't like to join those 1 day tour that brings us to places that we think it's a waste of time. Few months back, we used a personal driver who picked us up from the ferry terminal, brought us to the places we want to go, wait for us and then drop us off at the terminal. It was $60 for the full day and for 4-6 pax. You can give some tips as well.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by TheAnswer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:36 am

Juzgirlz wrote:Hi,

Would like to know if anyone been to Turi Beach resort? I'm plannin a family trip there but I'm not sure if it is any good.
We went there before. A lot of mosquitoes!

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:67

Post by zbear » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:53 pm

MMM wrote:For Batam, we don't like to join those 1 day tour that brings us to places that we think it's a waste of time. Few months back, we used a personal driver who picked us up from the ferry terminal, brought us to the places we want to go, wait for us and then drop us off at the terminal. It was $60 for the full day and for 4-6 pax. You can give some tips as well.

What sort of places did you go n how did you get your driver's contact?

I thought Batam/Bintan is only shopping n spending time at the beach resort.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:35

Post by MyPillow » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:08 pm

MMM wrote:For Batam, we don't like to join those 1 day tour that brings us to places that we think it's a waste of time. Few months back, we used a personal driver who picked us up from the ferry terminal, brought us to the places we want to go, wait for us and then drop us off at the terminal. It was $60 for the full day and for 4-6 pax. You can give some tips as well.
MMM , can share your activities / ite in batam and how u get driver.

Thks!

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:18 pm

MyPillow wrote:
MMM , can share your activities / ite in batam and how u get driver.

Thks!
We did a 1 day tour few months ago :
* paintball and archery. They have flying fox in the same compound
* Go-kart - around few mins drive from paintball place
* Batik shop in the same vicinty
* Kueh lapis shop in the same vicinity. The guide can make arrange to purchase and pick it up for you later.
* Local product shop - eg we buy those prawn/ fish cracker that you can fry on your own. They also sell ready fried ones
* Factory outlet shop near BCC hotel
* Mall beside BCC hotel for lunch. We don't like the seafood restaurant near those paintball place as the standard is terrible now.
* The driver brought us to a bigger and newer mall that is more "upmarket" and we spent another 2 hours there
* Our last stop was the mall opposite the ferry terminal where we grab dinner, etc... before heading back

For us, it was more like a fun, shopping and eating trip. Food in restaurants are cheap in batam.

For driver, I searched online. It seems that there are many private drivers cum guide around. You can PM me if you want the contact of the person we used. I was initially worried if it is reliable etc... we had a chinese lady driver and she was quite nice.

Juzgirlz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Juzgirlz » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:35 pm

TheAnswer wrote:

:sweat: Thank you for your heads up! We almost got the deal as hubby keep bugging me for a plan..do you have any recommendations?

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by lifestylelink » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:42 am

I am planning to batam this Dec and have booked Harris Resort Waterfront and KTM resort. But I am not going round the island.. just to enjoy the facilities and relax.

allcc6
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by allcc6 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Looking for a short Batam getaway.

Can someone recommend a 4-5 star hotel (preferably with connecting rms) and near to shopping areas & F&B?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by TheAnswer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:18 am

Juzgirlz wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:

:sweat: Thank you for your heads up! We almost got the deal as hubby keep bugging me for a plan..do you have any recommendations?
Not really cos we went there for church camp so we didn't explore around.. Personally I dun think it is a good option for kids..