Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Printer Recommendation!

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Re: Printer Recommendation!

Postby shawnlim88 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:28 am

Dear all,
Epson ink refill
Color - 29.90 for 3 color
black - 9.90 for black color

cost per page:
full color Color : less than 0.5c
b/w : les than 0.2c

worth exploring.

shawnlim88
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby shawnlim88 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:31 am

hi All,
now there is a trade in offer.
trade in a used Laser Printer to buy a Epson Ink Tank L-series L655 to receive a $100 NTUC vouchers

shawnlim88

shawnlim88
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Sniper Angel » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:52 am

So go for inkjet or laser? Inkjet very fast if never use for long?

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby janet88 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:07 am

Sniper Angel wrote:So go for inkjet or laser? Inkjet very fast if never use for long?

I've been using inkjet printers for a long time...print almost everyday.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:41 pm

I was told laser printer has a long lifespan even if the usage is low whereas the inkjet printer internal ink ducting will dry up and subsequently becomes spoilt if not printing regularly.

I am looking for a mono laser printer for my in-laws, mostly for copying, faxing, wont be connected to a PC.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Jennifer wrote:I was told laser printer has a long lifespan even if the usage is low whereas the inkjet printer internal ink ducting will dry up and subsequently becomes spoilt if not printing regularly.

I am looking for a mono laser printer for my in-laws, mostly for copying, faxing, wont be connected to a PC.

I think for laser printer you need to worry about humidity. Also, the toner can be quite expensive as there are less "after-market" options.

For me, the important factors are, in decreasing order of importance:
1. Must print in color.
2. Must use cheap supplies (ink/toner, paper).
3. Must have duplex for printer (duplex for scanner is nice to have, but not critical)
4. Must not spoil easily due to low usage.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:11 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I was told laser printer has a long lifespan even if the usage is low whereas the inkjet printer internal ink ducting will dry up and subsequently becomes spoilt if not printing regularly.

I think for laser printer you need to worry about humidity. Also, the toner can be quite expensive as there are less "after-market" options.

For me, the important factors are, in decreasing order of importance:
1. Must print in color.
2. Must use cheap supplies (ink/toner, paper).
3. Must have duplex for printer (duplex for scanner is nice to have, but not critical)
4. Must not spoil easily due to low usage.

:lol:

your #4 is my first priority whereas your #1 is my last priority

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby babyme » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:24 am

I own a HP all in one inkjet printer 10 yrs ago and only print occasionally. The printer is quite easy to use and setting. The 2 cartridges are considered quite expensive but is quite easy to refill. It is also quite easy to reset the cartridge but only let you refill for a 4-5 times before the it spoil. The frustrating problem is no wifi and is placed in another room. I noticed refill ink even black is not as good as the original.
I recently I accidentally broke the copy glass so I urgently bought a Canon all in one. Canon printer is not user friendly and very hard to setting, even the manual is frustrating, always wasted hours to set something simple. But this printer has wifi so easier to print using wifi. Refilling 2 ink cartridges are not so user friendly and still no idea how to hard reset them because limited information on internet.
I chose Canon because its cheaper than Brother, believed in my Canon camera user-friendly settings, internet said better print result, a Japanese brand.
But I regretted now of not buying back a HP printer which is cheaper and user-friendly than Canon. When power-on Canon, it always wasted a lot of ink.
User-friendly is very important and that's why Nokia won over Motorola and the other competitors in the 90s and 2000s.
As This Canon printer is still new, I will not know if there are more frustrations that I will face.
To me most important:
1) Printer price.
2) User-friendly settings and use.
3) Re-fill ink option and cartridges.
If you do print a lot, then you should consider 4 ink cartridges type because 2 cartridges system wasted other ink which are not fully utilized. But these printers are more expensive. If you only print black, just buy a monochrome printer to prevent headache of printer barring you to use because of a low colour ink which you do not even need.
Yes, you can get a printer at $50-60 but the ink cartridges are expensive. But if you refill, it is considered good too. The ones who do not refill ink are the too rich people who do not care of money.

babyme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby babyme » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:32 am

Just to add, I usually power-up the printer at least once in every 3-4 weeks to print a page and the cartridges still did not dry dry up on Canon and HP. Only problem each start-up, the printer will waste some ink and Canon seems to be wasting more than HP. I did not choose other brands like Lexmark because internet told me they are craps. At the time I shop, Epson do not have any price offer so I did not choose them.

babyme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Technology & Gadgets

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres