jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Re: Another by election

Post by jetsetter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:37 am

limlim wrote:
jetsetter wrote:
Now the $1.9mil carrot is a real sweetener.
If they have any morals, fund the carrot from their own S&C. Increase it if they like.

Taking taxpayers money contributed by whole of SG for a Chee by election is really fk up.

I'm surprised u didn't ask what happened to the previous 5 yr plan which was supposed to cost a lot more :) :sweat:

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by jetsetter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 am

limlim wrote:
jetsetter wrote:
Re: the above is confusing as I've dovetailed to floppy's post by mistake...

I was answering limlim who asked me last month why there are "pros" of having CSJ win this BE. I'd forgotten to reply to limlim.
Sorrie to hv you thinking of me.. :oops:

:evil: :siam:

:imanangel: Yes, when I think of elections, I will remember a few pp.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by jetsetter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:47 am

limlim wrote:
jetsetter wrote:
cool_hi wrote:Use people's money to dangle carrots to win votes lor...
If not,whose $$ is it????
Seriously, i don't need another highly-paid ($10-20k+/Mth???!)
YES-man
in parliament..
And with some irritating plans to increase parking charges,
High COEs,
Yet never-improving-forever-breaking-down mrt systems,
They have the cheeks to plan to increase parking charges,
Citing holistic reasons is to make people give up cars and
Take public transport???'
Seriously flawed!
Haiz!!! 70% kindly wake up..
Aft new ERP million-$ system,now increase parking charges
(we normal folks only fit enough to take public transport,
cars only for filthy-rich :yikes: ),
Wonder what else on the way to suck $$ back
(aft throwing all those carrots to us)
More to come!!!
想了都怕!haiz
Worst of all..i don't think my family received any carrots!!
Haiyo!!
Si beh loo gi leh...
:evil: :evil:

See? See? the "carrots" subject is so repulsive that would trigger this kind of adverse reaction from anyone...Why would PAP still go back to its old ways? I wonder what the GE strategist/spindoctor has been telling Murali.
It triggers adverse reaction in the form of online rant.

Not adverse reaction on the hand holding the pen that is to put a cross on a piece of paper on polling day.

That's why.

Tried and proven.

Yes, tested and proven in Potong Pasir. Singaporeans are pragmatic.

BB voters are quite old. Old enough to remember CSJ. One 29yo voter didn't know whom CSJ was one month ago when TMG's journalist went to knock on doors to ask for their opinions.

http://themiddleground.sg/2016/03/24/murali-walkabout/

Not sure if there'll be changes after walking the ground for 1 mth :P

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:14 pm

The campaigning has truly started: a new music video of Dr Chee singing 一百万.

isetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Post by isetan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:00 pm

Tomorow rally is expected to draw Hugh crowds for the opposition. Will history repeat again that the outcome would be 70% votes to the PAP?

stetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:47

Post by stetan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:55 am

Seems like the US$1.9m upgrading will proceed regardless if Murali wins or not......

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-d ... 56825.html

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:108

Post by limlim » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:09 am

prata flipping flip ah flip..
“CNA: So to clarify, the S$1.9 million is actually part of the S$24 million, correct?

PAP Murali: The S$1.9 million project which I referred to, is the Neighbourhood Renewal Project, which I mentioned time and time again, it is a funding-neutral project. It really doesn’t matter, it’s a town council run project, it’s not really dependant on whether the PAP wins or loses. That is part and parcel of what was estimated by Mr Ong.”

This contradicts with his earlier statement made 4 days ago, below is the exact quote from Murali:

“This plan we are presenting is a plan by the PAP Jurong-Clementi Town Council. So it’s really up to our residents. We will have the mandate to carry on only if we are returned at the by-election. If we don’t have the mandate, then we won’t have the ability to carry on because we will not form the town council.

That’s the rule.”

When questioned about the S$24 million upgrading plans promised by the former corrupted PAP MP David Ong, the flustered PAP candidate then claimed that the works have already begun and SDP should “see with their own eyes”:
hmm.. is this true?

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-d ... 56947.html

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:31 pm

stetan wrote:Seems like the US$1.9m upgrading will proceed regardless if Murali wins or not......

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-d ... 56825.html
Yes... and no.

There are 2 separate issues:
1. Funds
2. Plan

The funds (S$1.9m not USD) have already been set aside for the Town Council. It may be used by the Town Council managing BB for the Neighbourhood Renewal Project.

The plan, however, may change if a different Town Council is managing BB. If Murali wins, it will be the same old plan. If CSJ wins, he can either (a) propose a new plan or (b) take over JO/Murali plan (they don't hold an exclusive right to the plan) or (c) forget about upgrading (= political suicide).

Given than CSJ already more or less choose (b), the plan should proceed regardless of the MP elect.

While I don't see upgrading as a taboo subject the way jetsetter sees it, upgrading should be a non-issue in this by-election, unless Murali is prepared to fork it out of his own pockets. It's amusing to see that SDP hasn't seized on the opportunity that Murali really doesn't have many talking points in this by-election. He may be a good guy, but there are already 80+ of the same type in Parliament. A candidate with less baggage than CSJ (think LLL) would have closed the deal with BB easily (ego, I believe, is most likely the impediment to the development of an alternative-alternative party).

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:220

Post by 3Boys » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:14 pm

limlim wrote:prata flipping flip ah flip..
“CNA: So to clarify, the S$1.9 million is actually part of the S$24 million, correct?

PAP Murali: The S$1.9 million project which I referred to, is the Neighbourhood Renewal Project, which I mentioned time and time again, it is a funding-neutral project. It really doesn’t matter, it’s a town council run project, it’s not really dependant on whether the PAP wins or loses. That is part and parcel of what was estimated by Mr Ong.”

This contradicts with his earlier statement made 4 days ago, below is the exact quote from Murali:

“This plan we are presenting is a plan by the PAP Jurong-Clementi Town Council. So it’s really up to our residents. We will have the mandate to carry on only if we are returned at the by-election. If we don’t have the mandate, then we won’t have the ability to carry on because we will not form the town council.

That’s the rule.”

When questioned about the S$24 million upgrading plans promised by the former corrupted PAP MP David Ong, the flustered PAP candidate then claimed that the works have already begun and SDP should “see with their own eyes”:
hmm.. is this true?

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-d ... 56947.html
Serves the whiteys right for even trying to play this idiotic game. They need move past this stupid upgrading trick already, puhleez......

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:161

Post by Nebbermind » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:30 pm

limlim wrote:prata flipping flip ah flip..
I thought he's a lawyer? :siam: