Club 2008 Kids

These are clubs for parents with children of the same age
MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:20

Re: Club 2008 Kids

Post by MyPillow » Fri May 06, 2016 9:40 am

xueyan wrote:The school inform everything thru the first parent-teachers meeting in Jan16. In fact, everything is in the website.

It is just this mummy that is very blurr....
:hi5:
I'm most time a blur mum too. Plus we are working , so many things
To take care n mind is always concentrated .
Just know where to get info when needed should be ok ;)

Searchingyou
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Searchingyou » Fri May 06, 2016 11:21 am

Anyone tried eiMath?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:37

Post by Imami » Fri May 06, 2016 1:31 pm

xueyan wrote:The school inform everything thru the first parent-teachers meeting in Jan16. In fact, everything is in the website.

Oh.

Not every parent is that into detail and keeps a regular eye on the school website. At least, that is my observation of my circle of fellow parents with kids in the same school. Some just do better with memo (sent thru the kids). I personally prefer memo (hard copy).

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:33

Post by MrsKiasu » Fri May 06, 2016 1:32 pm

MyPillow wrote:

:hi5:
I'm most time a blur mum too. Plus we are working , so many things
To take care n mind is always concentrated .
Just know where to get info when needed should be ok ;)
I wont even know if the school touch & go certain subjects also..also dunno what format :razz: I just assumed that the school would have gone through with the kids.. my method is so simple dunno go and study..no study smart but study blind it seems.

celiine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by celiine » Thu May 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Wow, how did you guys find the time to surf and post regularly after having to look after kids whole day, prepare dinner and still go through homework and plan activities during the weekend...? Most times I just want to sit and do nothing if I have alone time. Obviously, I"m not the FB type oso... :udawoman:

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Imami » Tue May 17, 2016 9:57 am

All set for June holidays? :wink:

Tofu boy's tests are over. Other than some competitions and selection tests, we are done with term 2. Results have mostly been announced and I expect the rest to trickle in Over the next few days.

Do you find the papers tough? I don't. I suspect tofu boy's school is giving the students an easy time first (in p1 and p2), stream the kids according to ability and then go full force. Not confirmed, just my guess.

Have your kids been offered any cca (for those schools with cca starting in p3)? How do you guide your child in choosing the cca?

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by xueyan » Thu May 19, 2016 9:12 am

I really hope this thread is not just me and Imami discussing our kids. Mummies and daddies, please share your views here.

Imami,
As there is no SA1 for P2 in ds school. There is no "proper" tests in the sense that both MT and EL has only
- Listening Comprehension
- Pick and Tell
- MT has 阅读理解 (I don't remember there is any EL test in term 2)

He just finished his Maths test yesterday. PTC will be next Thursday. Just keeping my fingers crossed as we have stopped all his enrichment classes. I am the full time 24/7 tutor now.
So whether he does well or not, I will be partially responsible.

I heard in P3 they will be streamed according to their results. P3 will be a big leap from P2. So have to mentality prepare that it will be tougher.

I have been discussing CCA with him. Still not sure how they are going to do this. Do we make first, second , third choice. How do they select?
In my mind, I know what he will be suitable in. I have also discussed with him. Just hope that he can get in there.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Imami » Thu May 19, 2016 9:55 am

:rotflmao: no la, not just Xueyan and me. I think the rest are just quiet.

Oh, then we have "proper tests". Each subject has at least two tests in term 2, with the language subjects having 3 or 4 tests including oral, compo and review (which includes joining sentences, grammar, vocab, compre etc). We have social studies test too :stupid:

Tofu boy's sch will be streaming the kids according to the results of eng and math. Hence, those with higher scores in math and English will be banded together in the same class. The top 30% (about there) will be in the high ability classes. For Chinese, they will also be grouped according to their mastery of the subject. So eg, you and me may be in the same class because our English/math score are the same, but we may be in different Chinese class.

As for p3, while I expect a raise in the bars, I don't foresee a drastic change. Science is possibly a show stopper but I think the children will pick up by end of term 2.

Traceyt
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Traceyt » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:39 am

Imami wrote:All set for June holidays? :wink:

Tofu boy's tests are over. Other than some competitions and selection tests, we are done with term 2. Results have mostly been announced and I expect the rest to trickle in Over the next few days.

Do you find the papers tough? I don't. I suspect tofu boy's school is giving the students an easy time first (in p1 and p2), stream the kids according to ability and then go full force. Not confirmed, just my guess.

Have your kids been offered any cca (for those schools with cca starting in p3)? How do you guide your child in choosing the cca?
My DC school offers selected CCA when they are in P1. I went through with them each of the CCA by showing them the videos of other people performing the various dances, Wu Shu, musical instruments etc. For club, I just explain and show them some of the things that they will be learning or doing when they join the club. Let them decide themselves. I believe they would enjoy themselves and follow through with it when they choose it themselves.

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by lifestylelink » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:19 pm

I wonder if anyone is keen to exchange P2 Practice and Test Papers, especially Chinese is new syllabus this year. If yes, I can form a club. Please leave your name in this thread.