All About Puberty

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:35

Re: All About Puberty

Post by MyPillow » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:02 am

I read or heard beef , dairy products accelerate puberty growth ?kfc is one rumour too .... hahaha , dunno lei . I did gave ds after psle to ensure he grows , it will be miserable to join Sec 1 n show no signs of puberty if 95% kids are in the process .

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:235

Post by slmkhoo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:45 pm

micollh wrote:Averagely now what's the age when girl has Menses ? My time all 12-13
Overall, around 11-13yo, but variations are common. My daughters and I all started at 11yo, but I had a friend who started at 15yo! She went on to have 3 healthy kids, so obviously there wasn't anything wrong. I heard that girls generally start at the same age their mothers did as it's hereditary.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:00 pm

micollh wrote:Averagely now what's the age when girl has Menses ? My time all 12-13
The menses of my P5 twins cane this year.I had mine a few days after my 11th birthday.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:51

Post by MrsKiasu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:55 pm

I got mine rather late. sec 2 year end. my friends teased me say i need go see doctor.

lego
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by lego » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:23 am

What I gathered from my dd, nieces and a few friend's kids experiences, it seems that it's more common for girls to start having their menses when they are in primary school level ( P6, P5) nowadays.
The only thing my gynae told me to keep a look out for in teens/young ladies is the flow of the menses (not the 1st menses but after it is normalised) as some may have very heavy menses.

iceywind88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by iceywind88 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Huiwen86 wrote:
The menses of my P5 twins cane this year.I had mine a few days after my 11th birthday.
the twins had them all at the same time? just curious if twins exhibits the same cycles.

teenmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by teenmom » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:07 pm

I think children reach puberty earlier than during our time. That's why I think parents and schools should orient little girls on the what's and how's of menses. It's better if they are prepared with what to expect and how to go about it.

jjy76
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by jjy76 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Upset??? Ha always saw these things as natural, so did my wife. different kids hit puberty at different times, even amongst my girls.

klim360
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by klim360 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:00 pm

aiyah it's nothing to be upset about... I've heard of girls hitting pubery at 8! Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them.

klim360
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by klim360 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Huiwen86 wrote:
oh wow both twins!