Recipes For Healthy Eating

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
july541
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Recipes For Healthy Eating

Post by july541 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 am

This cranberry-glazed chicken dish is a family favorite and so easy. It's just 5 ingredients (not including salt and pepper). The trick to this dish is to sauté the chicken breasts and then deglaze the pan with the cranberry mixture. Here’s another tip: if you have leftovers, put the chicken in a corn or flour tortilla (or a lettuce leaf if you really want to keep it healthy) and pack it for a nutritious lunch.

Ingredients​​​​​​

4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
¾ cup whole cranberry sauce
¼ cup apricot jam
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
https://meal5.com/simple-healthy-recipe ... ken-breast

july541
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by july541 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 am

This cranberry-glazed chicken dish is a family favorite and so easy. It's just 5 ingredients (not including salt and pepper). The trick to this dish is to sauté the chicken breasts and then deglaze the pan with the cranberry mixture. Here’s another tip: if you have leftovers, put the chicken in a corn or flour tortilla (or a lettuce leaf if you really want to keep it healthy) and pack it for a nutritious lunch.

Ingredients​​​​​​

¼ cup apricot jam
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice

foodie4stuff
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by foodie4stuff » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:50 pm

july541 wrote:This cranberry-glazed chicken dish is a family favorite and so easy. It's just 5 ingredients (not including salt and pepper). The trick to this dish is to sauté the chicken breasts and then deglaze the pan with the cranberry mixture. Here’s another tip: if you have leftovers, put the chicken in a corn or flour tortilla (or a lettuce leaf if you really want to keep it healthy) and pack it for a nutritious lunch.

Ingredients​​​​​​

¼ cup apricot jam
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
hi thanks for sharing. looks really easy and healthy!!! :thankyou:

jenny44
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by jenny44 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 pm

cattie85 wrote:Hi parents,

Wanted to start a new topic cause I think most parents are also constantly looking for the best food for our child, and of course for ourselves.

While enjoying the occasional bee hoons with otah and luncheon meat, nasi lemak, chicken wings etc. I mostly try to cook healthy meals to nourish my family. Thought I'd share some 'shortcuts' my mom shared with me after pregnancy.

During confinement, while I was weak and recuperating, my mom actually poured this product - Huiji Waist Tonic, into my porridges and what not. It's really amazing. It helps with replenishing the body, it is also 100% vegetarian, and no alcohol content. But for kids, it says only suitable when 7yrs and above. Alternatively I just use honey to cook for the kids, they love it!

And we actually use a lot of it in our food on a daily basis, especially during CNY, the soups!

Do share if you have any secrets or any healthy meals for the family! :)
HI Cattie,
I wanted to add some recipe links that might be useful for you. Anyone can follow these recipes in their diet. Even weight losers and dieter's can use this in their diet.
https://besthcgdropswebsite.com/hcg-die ... 4-recipes/
The above link has some recipes that I mentioned above. Feel free to ask questions.

Rachel572
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Rachel572 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:25 am

jenny44 wrote:
cattie85 wrote:Hi parents,

Wanted to start a new topic cause I think most parents are also constantly looking for the best food for our child, and of course for ourselves.

While enjoying the occasional bee hoons with otah and luncheon meat, nasi lemak, chicken wings etc. I mostly try to cook healthy meals to nourish my family. Thought I'd share some 'shortcuts' my mom shared with me after pregnancy.

During confinement, while I was weak and recuperating, my mom actually poured this product - Huiji Waist Tonic, into my porridges and what not. It's really amazing. It helps with replenishing the body, it is also 100% vegetarian, and no alcohol content. But for kids, it says only suitable when 7yrs and above. Alternatively I just use honey to cook for the kids, they love it!

And we actually use a lot of it in our food on a daily basis, especially during CNY, the soups!

Do share if you have any secrets or any healthy meals for the family! :)
HI Cattie,
I wanted to add some recipe links that might be useful for you. Anyone can follow these recipes in their diet. Even weight losers and dieter's can use this in their diet.
https://besthcgdropswebsite.com/hcg-die ... 4-recipes/
The above link has some recipes that I mentioned above. Feel free to ask questions.

This is very useful. Thanks Jenny! :smile:

jliu76746
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:02 am

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:110

Post by Estéema » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:53 pm

pashanyew
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by pashanyew » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 am

This is my go-to recipe when it comes to healthy eating in like 15 minutes prep time.

Tomato Quinoa with Baked Tofu and Spinach
Calories per serving: 345
Serves: 2

Ingredients

– 100g White Quinoa, uncooked (I use Superlife Co. which is really, really different from the rest)
– 200g Tau Kwa (extra firm tofu), dried with paper towel & cut into cubes
– 20 Cherry Tomatoes
– 125g Spinach
– 320mL Water
– 1 tsp Coconut Oil (I use SuperOne Organics)
– Pinch of Turmeric Powder
– Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 220*C.
2. In a rice cooker, add in the quinoa, cherry tomatoes, coconut oil, a pinch of salt and water. Set to cook.
3. Line an oven tray with baking paper and spread the Tau Kwa cubes on the tray. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder on the Tau Kwa and place the tray in the oven. Let it cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the Tau Kwa is nice and golden.
4. Once everything is cooked, it’s time to assemble! In two lunch boxes, add in equal amounts of tomato quinoa, baked tofu and spinach. Your meal prep is ready to be eaten!