All about Dishwasher

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
Post Reply
Newintown
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 30,

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by Newintown » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Straffan23,Esteema, ngl2010.
Thanks for your advice. My biggest headache is the pots. They are heavy & hard to handle.. hopefully I can place them at the bottom racks of my new dishwasher.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11958
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:244

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 am

Newintown wrote:Straffan23,Esteema, ngl2010.
Thanks for your advice. My biggest headache is the pots. They are heavy & hard to handle.. hopefully I can place them at the bottom racks of my new dishwasher.
I don't use a dishwasher as I'm happy washing by hand (I don't use many items even though I cook daily). Just a suggestion - I choose pots/pans that are light enough for me to handle easily. Maybe you should change your pots instead? My mother used to have a dishwasher and we still washed the pots by hand as we couldn't always get them into the dishwasher.

Newintown
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 30,

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by Newintown » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:02 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Newintown wrote:Straffan23,Esteema, ngl2010.
Thanks for your advice. My biggest headache is the pots. They are heavy & hard to handle.. hopefully I can place them at the bottom racks of my new dishwasher.
I don't use a dishwasher as I'm happy washing by hand (I don't use many items even though I cook daily). Just a suggestion - I choose pots/pans that are light enough for me to handle easily. Maybe you should change your pots instead? My mother used to have a dishwasher and we still washed the pots by hand as we couldn't always get them into the dishwasher.
All my stainless steel pots are heavy.. have backache after washing.. maybe age is catching up...
What light pots are u using?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11958
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:244

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:00 pm

No particular brand. I have a Mayer non-stick deep skillet and a couple of saucepans (can't remember the brand). I just try them with one hand before buying.

Newintown
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 30,

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by Newintown » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:12 am

May I know what detergent to use? Tablets or powder? Thks


ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7688
Joined: Tue May 24,
Total Likes:83

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Newintown wrote:May I know what detergent to use? Tablets or powder? Thks
Up to your preference. Initially I used powder but now I am using tablet for practicality reason.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2329
Joined: Thu Oct 20,
Total Likes:14

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Powder more cost effective as you can control the amount you put in.

kylene
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jul 03,
Total Likes:1

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by kylene » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:17 am

Can a dishwasher be placed below the sink in the kitchen ? I don’t have space at the yard where the washing machine is .

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Jul 22,
Total Likes:14

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:54 am

Dishwasher needs to be near water point. But don't think it can be fitted below the sink because of those water pipes underneath, unless yours are laid differently. We sacrificed one cabinet space for the dishwasher and it has been great as we don't have helper and cooked for 4-5 nights simple dinner using steamer and happy call pressure pot, fast and easy. Most importantly, my other family members can help load the dishes, no need to worry about diff std of cleanliness.
kylene wrote:Can a dishwasher be placed below the sink in the kitchen ? I don’t have space at the yard where the washing machine is .

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Jul 22,
Total Likes:14

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:59 am

All utensils and cookery need to be dishwasher safe though

Post Reply