Renewal of maid without agent.. how..pls advice.

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
Katherin22
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Re: Renewal of maid without agent.. how..pls advice.

Post by Katherin22 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:19 am

Need help too! ha ha

fable
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by fable » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am

Just log in to mom.gov.sg using your singpass and follow instructions. If still not sure, call the MOM hotline, they are very helpful! The new work permit will be mailed to you - super easy!

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:108

Post by Estéema » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 am

Get ready your SingPass. Get ready all relevant info found in helper's passport & get ready her edn cert.

1. Go online to MOM website for FDW & apply for WP. If u hv a current one, please rmbr to click "replacement ".

2. If u apply in morning, MOM efficiency u usually get IPA approval by afternoon, unless there is trackrecord on either side.

3. Call NTUC Income upbto purchase FDW insurance. I usually buy with runaway & I ask for softcopy to be sent asap

4. Call & agree a date for mobilization with yr new helper & book a budget airtic. Not nec to buy extra luggage. (Also btw, when u fetch fr airport, try send straight to laundromat to dry heat all clothings, esp Indo to avoid bed bugs)

5. Yr helper must print IPA over her side & present at Spore side immigration at Changi airport. Just as well get her to print her FDW Ins

6. Pick her up at airport

7. Do medical asap within 14 days

8. If u've a totally new girl, apply for Settling-in course for her within 3 days.

9. After her medical report is ready, send her to MOM for thumbprint.

10. MOM sends new WP Card to yr home.

Only 6, 7 & 9 need to bring yr new helper, the rest practically easy do not need to leave your house to get it done. Simple & save agency fee & headache of trust & reliability.

Hope abv details help.

Valicious
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Written consent form or agreement

Post by Valicious » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:43 am

Hi all, I am trying to submit online application on MoM for new hire.
I saw that written consent form is required before applying the work permit.
Is it compulsory ? Can I skip it ?

https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-pass-ge ... s-for-them

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Written consent form or agreement

Post by Estéema » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:12 am

Valicious wrote:Hi all, I am trying to submit online application on MoM for new hire.
I saw that written consent form is required before applying the work permit.
Is it compulsory ? Can I skip it ?

https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-pass-ge ... s-for-them
Yes. You need to get current eyer's consent for transfer. Also, for transfer, ensure the current eyer hv not cancelled WP & current WP valid for at least 30 days. Owise cannot get WP Approval.
If abv conditions met but u've no consent fr current eyer, if MOM found out, u'll be taken to task.

Valicious
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Written consent form or agreement

Post by Valicious » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi Estéema, I am not getting transfer maid, I am getting fresh maid from Indonesia.
So I am wondering if I should ask them to prepare written consent form beforehand.

buildbuildbuild
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by buildbuildbuild » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Estéema wrote:Get ready your SingPass. Get ready all relevant info found in helper's passport & get ready her edn cert.

1. Go online to MOM website for FDW & apply for WP. If u hv a current one, please rmbr to click "replacement ".

2. If u apply in morning, MOM efficiency u usually get IPA approval by afternoon, unless there is trackrecord on either side.

3. Call NTUC Income upbto purchase FDW insurance. I usually buy with runaway & I ask for softcopy to be sent asap

4. Call & agree a date for mobilization with yr new helper & book a budget airtic. Not nec to buy extra luggage. (Also btw, when u fetch fr airport, try send straight to laundromat to dry heat all clothings, esp Indo to avoid bed bugs)

5. Yr helper must print IPA over her side & present at Spore side immigration at Changi airport. Just as well get her to print her FDW Ins

6. Pick her up at airport

7. Do medical asap within 14 days

8. If u've a totally new girl, apply for Settling-in course for her within 3 days.

9. After her medical report is ready, send her to MOM for thumbprint.

10. MOM sends new WP Card to yr home.

Only 6, 7 & 9 need to bring yr new helper, the rest practically easy do not need to leave your house to get it done. Simple & save agency fee & headache of trust & reliability.

Hope abv details help.
:thankyou:

Valicious
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Valicious » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Settled the IPA, insurance policy and security bond within 3 working days.
Now waiting for my new helper arrival.
Direct hire is very easy and hassle-free.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re:

Post by Estéema » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Valicious wrote:Settled the IPA, insurance policy and security bond within 3 working days.
Now waiting for my new helper arrival.
Direct hire is very easy and hassle-free.

Good for you! :rahrah:

I've done it so many times & helping my frds too. Pay only req'd by MOM ($60), NTUC Income FDW insurance ($300-360). Airfare ($300-400), medical ($60-80)& thumbprint fee ($50). Total expenses shld not exceed $900-1K (estimates as it depends if u're buying one-way or 2-way air-tics or ferry tics. If brand new helpers, pls arrange settling-in course before helper's arrival as they need to attend within 3 days of arrival. Can't rmbr service provider for settling-in course charge $60 or $80 (which includes materials & lunch). You send in by 8am & pick up after course by 6pm.

kimmy4
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by kimmy4 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:17 am

fable wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am
Just log in to mom.gov.sg using your singpass and follow instructions. If still not sure, call the MOM hotline, they are very helpful! The new work permit will be mailed to you - super easy!
Thanks for posting this, I have a lot of ease now.