Applying to Universities

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
Post Reply
ilovelaksa
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Mar 14,
Total Likes:21

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by ilovelaksa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Son just asked me to continue obsessing over Lee Dong Wook and stop kaypohing over his frens’ grades lol

Anyway, cfm
AAAA/CB (gp C pw B), no H3. Imperial offer, NTU REP offer, NUS GMS offer, waiting *Cambridge*.

AAAA/BA (gp B). NTU REP offer. Not on scholarship.

AABB/A (KI A), no H3. NUS+SMU+Oxford law offers. Not on scholarship.

AAAA/AA, H3 distinction, outstanding CCA/NS (his NS achievement is truly outstanding), dbl deg in SMU. Not on scholarship.

3 with straights As and outstanding CCAs in overseas Physiotherapy, NUS Nursing and NUS Bizad.

The 2 boys who applied Oxford or Cambridge had psle 24+, Both had to appeal to their sec sch.

Parent
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Oct 26,
Total Likes:9

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by Parent » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:54 pm

My DS PSLE is 23o+

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 09,
Total Likes:14

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by Song22 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:38 pm

So does it mean one can apply oxford in one year, then Cambridge on another ?

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 09,
Total Likes:14

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by Song22 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi Ilovelaksa

Do you mind to share what course did your son’s Friend got in at imperial and which course is he applying at Cambridge? Thanks! :smile:
ilovelaksa wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:29 pm
Son just asked me to continue obsessing over Lee Dong Wook and stop kaypohing over his frens’ grades lol

Anyway, cfm
AAAA/CB (gp C pw B), no H3. Imperial offer, NTU REP offer, NUS GMS offer, waiting *Cambridge*.

AAAA/BA (gp B). NTU REP offer. Not on scholarship.

AABB/A (KI A), no H3. NUS+SMU+Oxford law offers. Not on scholarship.

AAAA/AA, H3 distinction, outstanding CCA/NS (his NS achievement is truly outstanding), dbl deg in SMU. Not on scholarship.

3 with straights As and outstanding CCAs in overseas Physiotherapy, NUS Nursing and NUS Bizad.

The 2 boys who applied Oxford or Cambridge had psle 24+, Both had to appeal to their sec sch.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11762
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:238

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:50 pm

Song22 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:38 pm
So does it mean one can apply oxford in one year, then Cambridge on another ?
I'm not sure about this, so this is just my best guess. I would guess that if you were rejected by one, you probably can apply to the other in the following year. But if you accepted a place in one in the first year, UCAS will have a record of that, and you probably can't apply to the other the following year unless you rejected the first offer.


isetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1286
Joined: Fri Feb 24,
Total Likes:6

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by isetan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 pm

My fren DS- AAA/AAA. Failed to get offer from both SMU/NTU Law but got an offer from UCL of UK instead.

fanren
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Nov 10,
Total Likes:9

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by fanren » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:51 pm

isetan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 pm
My fren DS- AAA/AAA. Failed to get offer from both SMU/NTU Law but got an offer from UCL of UK instead.
Is he being offered overseas scholarship? Thanks

fanren
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Nov 10,
Total Likes:9

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by fanren » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:00 pm

This ntu high tea session invites jc2 students only or include those who just receive a level results ? Thanks

isetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1286
Joined: Fri Feb 24,
Total Likes:6

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by isetan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:09 pm

fanren wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:51 pm
isetan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 pm
My fren DS- AAA/AAA. Failed to get offer from both SMU/NTU Law but got an offer from UCL of UK instead.
Is he being offered overseas scholarship? Thanks
No. On their own expenses.

fanren
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Nov 10,
Total Likes:9

Re: Applying to Universities

Post by fanren » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:18 pm

isetan wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:09 pm
fanren wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:51 pm
isetan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 pm
My fren DS- AAA/AAA. Failed to get offer from both SMU/NTU Law but got an offer from UCL of UK instead.
Is he being offered overseas scholarship? Thanks
No. On their own expenses.
Ok thanks..

Post Reply