O-Level Physics

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
rainmaker74447
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: O-Level Physics

Post by rainmaker74447 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:29 pm

xjinhx wrote:Hello does anyone have a cheap physics tutor to recommend? Please PM me thank you so much! :smile:
I'm also looking for cheap Physics tutor! Cheap and good of course! Please PM us.

darnocwee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Post by darnocwee » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:34 pm

rainmaker74447 wrote:
xjinhx wrote:Hello does anyone have a cheap physics tutor to recommend? Please PM me thank you so much! :smile:
I'm also looking for cheap Physics tutor! Cheap and good of course! Please PM us.
How much is cheap? Just curious!

deardear07
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by deardear07 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 am

Just curious.. if a child is doing ok for math, how likely to do similar for physics? Formulas n all.. is there any correlation?

kitgan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by kitgan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:32 pm

deardear07 wrote:Just curious.. if a child is doing ok for math, how likely to do similar for physics? Formulas n all.. is there any correlation?
Doing well for mathematics would mean that he/she will be able to manipulate formulae to obtain final answers with ease, he/she will also be able to see relationships between quantities.

Hence having strong mathematics foundation is certainly useful when learning Physics.

blur_elmo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by blur_elmo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:12 am

Anyone giving "All about Physics O Level textbook by Hodder? or at least selling cheap? Thank you

mummyxoxo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by mummyxoxo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:58 am

darnocwee wrote:
rainmaker74447 wrote:
How much is cheap? Just curious!
How much is cheap though? My dd1 ex-tutor is a good tutor and teaches Physics too but I am not sure whether her rate is within your range. For more details, you can contact her at 93989072 (Miss Goh). Usually she provides tuition in Jurong West but she is agreeable to teach my nephew who is in CCK so it is worth giving a try.

Super Physics
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Super Physics » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:32 am

Basic advice for students who are struggling with Physics.

Physics is a notoriously difficult subject. Many students have a tendency to memorize concepts in physics without understanding. I think that when students really try to understand and solve difficult physics problems.

Firstly, try to understand the situation. (Ask which chapter is this from? What concepts are being tested? Naturally, ideas that have been taught will resurface as the student re-associates the problem with his knowledge)
Next, read the questions carefully before organizing the information and ALWAYS draw a diagram if possible!
From the information available, choose the right formula to apply.
Check that units and significant figures are correct.

Learning physics the right way helps to attain a unique problem solving skill that many industries (commerce, banking and finance) are looking out for. Encourage your students to understand the problem instead of repetitive rote learning!

This skill will then take them far in their academic life :)

Source: NUS Physics Graduate

Alpha19
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Alpha19 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 am

Physics and math has some correlation. If the child is good in math, he/she will find it easier to do Physics.

Super Physics
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Super Physics » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Alpha19 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 am
Physics and math has some correlation. If the child is good in math, he/she will find it easier to do Physics.
I agree!

Math is the language of Physics. Its quite amazing how these 2 subjects are helping us to understand the fundamental concepts of our World!

maylim1980
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by maylim1980 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Alpha19 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 am
not really. my daughter last time always scoring A for maths but only gets B oso C sometimes with physics. I think most girls have no interest in physics at all