Historical COP for Sec 1 Posting Exercise

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.
pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:173

Re: Historical COP for Sec 1 Posting Exercise

Post by pirate » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Me thinks there will be fewer 4-5 pointer boys than girls. Boys tend not to be as strong as girls in language. :duck:

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by laughingcat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:20 pm

true true....

maybe not so much of a fierce fight among the boys but more so among the girls. :duck: :lol:

deardear07
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by deardear07 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:37 pm

i see quite a number of ppl talking about WLC standard... which centre is WLC?

deardear07
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by deardear07 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:45 pm

deardear07 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:37 pm
i see quite a number of ppl talking about WLC standard... which centre is WLC?
oh, is it wang language centre? do they continue teaching to sec levels too?

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by laughingcat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Yes.
Yes they do teach sec level as well.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:106

Post by phtthp » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:53 pm

laughingcat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 pm
Yes.
Yes they do teach sec level as well.
How u find Sec level Wang tuition centre ?

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by laughingcat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:10 pm

I don't know. As DC1 did not have any tuition at secondary.....not even Chinese Tuition. Don't want to embark too soon. So far DC1 is coping well. DC1 compo was flashed in the class quite a number of time.....so I am keeping my finger cross.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:56 am

obm wrote:
Probably they will issue the 2021 batch a booklet with COP estimates, and briefings will be conducted to ensure you don't select a school you are not prepared to be posted to or misrank your dream school or affiliated school?
Last year, 2018 PSLE batch (born 2006), an unusual phenomenon happened, affecting (impacting) those who scored mid-range, from around 22x, to 24x T-score range, although many had dutifully (obediently) refered back to the previous (prior) year 2017 PSLE COP as a crucial source of info reference, to choose their list of 6 Choices schools, cautiously. One may go and read up more about "2018 PSLE thread", for detail what exactly happened back then, as some parents had shared, inside that thread.

As a result, some of them were surprised (shocked), thrown off-course, because they end up got posted to some other Secondary schools instead, not amongst their list of 6 choices made.

So, even if issue 2021 COP estimates to the pioneering batch 2009 born candidates : one can't help but begin to question, how reliable can these COP past estimates be ? We do Not wish to encounter another unexpected or unusual phenomenon to crop up again, which no one can fortell (predict) as of this point in time, and neither do we have control over, as there are lots of uncertainty, faced by the pioneering first batch of AL implementation (2021).

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:23 am

mommyNg wrote:
Ah, great point. It says “The changes are part of a larger shift to better nurture well-rounded individuals.” There you go, the emphasis is well-rounded individuals, so you will need to be good in all 4 subjects (“well-rounded”) to do well in PSLE....
Under New system, since the emphasis is working towards do well in ALL 4 subjects, be Well-Rounded : going forward, will there be any impact to the existing "DSA route, entry by individual academic subject, domain" ? How do you all feel ?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:40

Post by zac's mum » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:34 am

phtthp wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:23 am
mommyNg wrote:
Ah, great point. It says “The changes are part of a larger shift to better nurture well-rounded individuals.” There you go, the emphasis is well-rounded individuals, so you will need to be good in all 4 subjects (“well-rounded”) to do well in PSLE....
Under New system, since the emphasis is working towards do well in ALL 4 subjects, be Well-Rounded : going forward, will there be any impact to the existing "DSA route, entry by individual academic subject, domain" ? How do you all feel ?
How we feel is not taken into any consideration by MOE. They do not consult stakeholders first :evil:

Personally, I don’t really care. To me the purpose of DSA is for to give non-academically talented kids a leg up. Provided they really have some talent in other areas eg. outstanding musician or sportsman.

But I suppose under the AL system, those who are not equally-balanced in their 4 subjects will end up with higher final score. Then their parents would probably want them to DSA via their best specific academic subject.

If their other subjects are bad, they may be asked to take them at G1/G2 level in sec one?