All About Home Addresses

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Would you use an address that you do not stay in, just to get priority in P1 registration?

No
67%
Yes
33%

Total votes: 894

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:106

Re: All About Home Addresses

Post by zac's mum » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:29 am

zac's mum wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:25 am
diamante33 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:14 am
Newbie here.. need some clarification from gurus here

If I get into a school in Phase 2B (I stay <1km) and there is a balloting for SC > 2km in Phase 2B, will I be subjected to the 30months min stay? Since there is no balloting for those <1km?

Thanks in advance!
Scroll up a few posts...a similar qn was answered just there
Let me rephrase it for you:

“If you use your current address (< 1km) to gain entry into the school, and there is balloting at the school for any distance, you have to stay at the address for 30months, i.e. you can't move to your new place. If you do, MOE / school has the right to withdraw your child.”

Just think about it logically. If they allow you to move house >1km, then actually you should have been in the same bucket as those >2km and undergoing balloting and maybe even balloted out. So u are abusing your <1km priority and trampling on those >2km people’s rights. Not cool. Nor legal.

poohhunny
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by poohhunny » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:42 am

Hi all

Would like to ask the experts for advice. I have been staying between 1-2km of Maris Stella High school and due for registration in Jul 2020 to start P1 in 2021 (Child is born in 2014). We are not eligible for Phase 2B as there is no PV.
  1. May I know the chances of getting in without balloting? Worried as there are plenty of new and upcoming housing estates in Bidardari and Bartley and Woodleigh areas.
My father is moving to Bidardari end 2020 and has bought the house since Mar 2017. The house will only be completed for move in by end 2020 and it is <1km from Maris Stella High school. We are likely to move in with him by then.
  1. Issue is we can only change this address in our NRIC by end 2020 after the physical move-in?
    • Our question is whether we can use this Bidardari address to do P1 registration in Jul 2020 so that we can up our chance in Phase 2C (<1km)?
    • Otherwise if we use my father's address under the Grandparents criteria, it will still fall back to 1-2km category right?
    Alternatively, we are also considering St Andrews' Junior School as we are staying <1km currently.
    • Should we up our chance by doing PV so that we can be eligible for Phase 2b?
    Hubs is still thinking to do PV at SAJS and get in during Phase 2B assuming all goes well. Then by Phase 2C, to check if there is balloting required in MS and take the risk to withdraw from SAJS to register for MS once we move in with my father. But are we subjected to 30months' stay in new address too?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

rainsj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by rainsj » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 am

My current address <1km has Nan Chiau and Compassvalve. We plan to move to nearby in Jul where these both school will be <1km also.

But the S&P (exercise OTP) for the new property will only be ready around end Jul.

May i know if I couldn’t get a seat from either one of the school under phase 2c (SC), can i use my new property address to register under 2cs for springdale (<1km for new property address)?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:187

Post by floppy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:46 am

rainsj wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 am
My current address <1km has Nan Chiau and Compassvalve. We plan to move to nearby in Jul where these both school will be <1km also.

But the S&P (exercise OTP) for the new property will only be ready around end Jul.

May i know if I couldn’t get a seat from either one of the school under phase 2c (SC), can i use my new property address to register under 2cs for springdale (<1km for new property address)?
Phase 2C will start in end July only.
You may as well use your new property address to register for 2C and save the worrying.

rainsj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by rainsj » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 am

floppy wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:46 am
rainsj wrote:

You may as well use your new property address to register for 2C and save the worrying.
Im worry HDB take longer time to process the application so it drag over the registration date.
So was thinking if the S&P is still not ready by then, we will use the current address to register under phase 2c, and new address under phase 2cs. But not sure whether can we use different address for different phase.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 am

rainsj wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 am
floppy wrote:
rainsj wrote:

Im worry HDB take longer time to process the application so it drag over the registration date.
So was thinking if the S&P is still not ready by then, we will use the current address to register under phase 2c, and new address under phase 2cs. But not sure whether can we use different address for different phase.
HDB can take their own sweet time and that's fine.

As per MOE FAQ:
In the case of resale HDB flat, the resale flat application status indicating that HDB has received your application to buy a resale flat is required.

The resale flat application status can be retrieved and printed from the HDB Resale Portal under HDB e-Services.

rainsj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by rainsj » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 am

floppy wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 am
rainsj wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 am
floppy wrote:

HDB can take their own sweet time and that's fine.

As per MOE FAQ:
In the case of resale HDB flat, the resale flat application status indicating that HDB has received your application to buy a resale flat is required.

The resale flat application status can be retrieved and printed from the HDB Resale Portal under HDB e-Services.

But if the new property is new EC from developer then i dont have the resale application frm hdb is it?

Always thanks for your prompt reply.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:33 am

rainsj wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 am

But if the new property is new EC from developer then i dont have the resale application frm hdb is it?

Are you buying a yet-to-be-completed EC or a completed EC?

FYI, Rivercove (yet to be completed) is outside 1km of Compassvale. Treasure Crest and The Vales have been completed and would be within 1km of all 3 schools. Bellewaters is kinda tricky as 2 stacks / blocks are outside of 1km of Compassvale.

For a yet-to-be-completed property:
The new home address can be used provided that you are able to produce evidence from the relevant authority that you have committed to the purchase of this property. In addition, you have to sign a letter of undertaking to move into the new property within two years of the child's entry into Primary One (P1).

As long as you exercise the OTP (5%), and waiting for the S&P (3 to 4 weeks later), it should suffice.

rainsj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by rainsj » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:07 am

floppy wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:33 am
rainsj wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 am

Are you buying a yet-to-be-completed EC or a completed EC?

FYI, Rivercove (yet to be completed) is outside 1km of Compassvale. Treasure Crest and The Vales have been completed and would be within 1km of all 3 schools. Bellewaters is kinda tricky as 2 stacks / blocks are outside of 1km of Compassvale.

For a yet-to-be-completed property:
The new home address can be used provided that you are able to produce evidence from the relevant authority that you have committed to the purchase of this property. In addition, you have to sign a letter of undertaking to move into the new property within two years of the child's entry into Primary One (P1).

As long as you exercise the OTP (5%), and waiting for the S&P (3 to 4 weeks later), it should suffice.
Treasure crest, completed EC. But still need to go through hdb for approval which takes about 2 months to have the S&P.
So thinking will it be safer if we use current address to register for phase 2c and new address to register springdale (my current address is 1-2km) if I couldn’t get a seat under phase 2c for Nan Chiau or Compassvale (have not decide which to go yet)

poohhunny
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by poohhunny » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 am

May i jump into this? How do i sign a letter of undertaking to move into my father's yet-to-be completed house (grandfather) so that I can use the address to register for phase 2c?