Renewal of maid without agent.. how..pls advice.

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
Jomeow
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Re:

Post by Jomeow » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:42 am

Estéema wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:47 pm
Valicious wrote:Settled the IPA, insurance policy and security bond within 3 working days.
Now waiting for my new helper arrival.
Direct hire is very easy and hassle-free.

Good for you! :rahrah:

I've done it so many times & helping my frds too. Pay only req'd by MOM ($60), NTUC Income FDW insurance ($300-360). Airfare ($300-400), medical ($60-80)& thumbprint fee ($50). Total expenses shld not exceed $900-1K (estimates as it depends if u're buying one-way or 2-way air-tics or ferry tics. If brand new helpers, pls arrange settling-in course before helper's arrival as they need to attend within 3 days of arrival. Can't rmbr service provider for settling-in course charge $60 or $80 (which includes materials & lunch). You send in by 8am & pick up after course by 6pm.

I like to bring an ex-sing Burmese helper to singapore to work under me for the first time. May I ask if anyone has any experience in bringing in Burmese helpers from home country without engaging agency? Mom part I can settle, but I am unsure of what my Burmese helper needs to do on her side. Please advise. Thanks! :)

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:108

Re: Renewal of maid without agent.. how..pls advice.

Post by Estéema » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Alr pm you

ck79sg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ck79sg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:17 am

My Philippine helper 2yr contract ending in May2020. I’m planning to renew her contract, therefore need to let her go home leave. She requested to go back in March 2020. Anyone has any experience in renew Philippine helper without agent? DIY

Ella455
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Ella455 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:28 pm

Same thing here. Someone advised us to check this link: https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... ork-permit. But I wanted to hear some fellow Kiasu parents here who already tried doing the steps if this is legitimate.

At a glance
When to renew After you receive the renewal letter, you can renew your helper’s Work Permit online. You should receive the letter from MOM about 8 weeks before the Work Permit expires.
Who can renew Employer, sponsor or authorised employment agency (EA)
How much it costs
$35 per renewal

Note: From 1 April 2019, we adjusted the application and issuance/renewal fees for Employment Pass, S Pass, Work Permit and other passes.

What is the duration of the renewed permit Up to 2 years. It may be shorter in these situations.
How long it takes The outcome is immediate
You can make an appeal if your helper is not eligible for renewal. However, any appeal is unlikely to be successful unless you provide new information in the appeal.
When to renew
You should receive the renewal letter from MOM about 8 weeks before your helper's Work Permit expires.

After you receive the renewal letter, you can renew her Work Permit online.

If your helper plans to travel overseas just before the expiry date, you should renew the Work Permit before she leaves Singapore.

If you didn’t receive the renewal letter, you can print a copy.
Late renewals
If you renew a Work Permit late, you are still liable for levy after it expires. Levy penalties or overstaying fine, if applicable, may also be imposed.

You can request for an extension if you’re unable to renew the Work Permit on time.
Documents required
You will need the following documents and information for renewal:

Documents and information Instructions
Scanned copy of the personal particulars page of the helper's passport (including amendments) MOM must have a record of your helper’s most updated passport if it has been renewed.
Security bond (for non-Malaysian helper)
Get a new security bond.

The bank or insurance company must send us the new security bond details before you renew the permit.

The effective date of the security bond can be post-dated up to 1 day after the expiry date of the existing Work Permit.

If you are renewing through an employment agency, they should get you to complete the Renewal Declaration Form.

Personal accident insurance Extend your helper's existing personal accident insurance or get a new policy. You can buy the PAI from the same bank or insurance company where you place the security bond.
Medical insurance
Extend your helper’s existing medical insurance or get a new policy.

You can buy the medical insurance from the same bank or insurance company where you place the security bond.

Details for a secure card delivery (only if the temporary work permit states that your helper will be getting a new card)
MOM will ask you for:

An address (home or office) where the card will be delivered.
The names and mobile numbers of up to 3 authorized recipients to sign for the card.
How to renew
Processing time: Immediate

To renew the permit:

Log in to submit the application and upload the required documents. Refer to the renewal letter for specific instructions.
Pay $35 for each renewal. You can pay by VISA, Master Card or direct debit.
After the Work Permit is renewed
After the Work Permit is renewed, print and check the temporary work permit to see:

If temporary work permit states The existing card
Getting a new card. Must be returned according to the instruction given in the notification letter.
Continue using the existing card.
Must be kept by the helper.

Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
Return the old pass card
If you need to return the old card, you or your employment agency can post it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.

You can use the "card return" function on WP Online to:

Check if we have received the card.
Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
When returning the Work Permit card, do not:

Deface, cut up or punch holes into it.
Tape the card onto a letter.
Glue or tape multiple cards together.
Duration of renewal
The Work Permit is usually valid for 2 years. However, it may be shorter in these situations:

In this situation, The duration will be until
The validity of the insurance package is less than 26 months 2 months before the insurance package expires
The helper is approaching 60 years old The day the helper turns 60 years old
The duration of the renewed pass is not affected by the length of the validity of the passport.

nerov
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by nerov » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Yes, it's actually fairly easy to renew it ourselves on the MOM website.

Just follow the steps on the website -

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... ork-permit

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Estéema » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Yes. No need to use maid agency to renew.

Just use yr SingPass on MOM website. I can do it on my hp or laptop so long as hv internet access & renew. Cost is only as per MOM charges. No agency fees

SHAWNN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by SHAWNN » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:48 am

Estéema wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Just use yr SingPass on MOM website. I can do it on my hp or laptop so long as hv internet access & renew. Cost is only as per MOM charges. No agency fees
Is it after 2 years contract, the maid is no longer considered as the agency `girl' anymore ?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Estéema » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 am

SHAWNN wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:48 am
Estéema wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Is it after 2 years contract, the maid is no longer considered as the agency `girl' anymore ?
Pls check yr contract btwn yourself & the Agency. Typically, you do not need to revert to the Agency on renewal, unlike using a real estate agent.

A helper is not a commodity, and she's free to decide if she were to renew with an eyer for continual work or look for ano eyer on her own or thro ano Agency.

pikachu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by pikachu » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am

Hi

My Indonesian helper wants to go back for home leave when her contract expires in Mar 2020.
She just renew her passport in 2018. But she does not have a KTKLN card. Can she make one in Indonesia Embassy?
If not, how long does it take to do one in Indonesia?
For the new work agreement/contract, can I do it myself or at the embassy?

Please advise on any other things to look out. Thanks

Joeyist
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Joeyist » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:03 pm

Can someone give me a rough estimate of the cost per month for a full time maid?