[Yishun] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Find out how to teach our children, or find and evaluate providers if we cannot do the teaching ourselves.
Forum rules
The Academic Learning & Enrichment Forums are intended for parents to discuss how to teach their own children, and to find out more about education providers. Education providers can help parents with their queries, do they are NOT allowed to promote their services in these Forums. Advertisements should be done in the Buy & Sell -> Tuition Forum.
PEI QING
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: [Yishun] Tutors/Tuition Centres/Enrichment

Post by PEI QING » Fri May 24, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi parents,

If you need help in looking for a home tutor, feel free to drop me a message at 91163640:)

jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by jkids » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:20 pm

My children currently doing tuition at imatter , junction 9- one in pri (math sci) , another in sec (chem bio) for half a year. very small class so more attention is given. tutors are very patient despite one of my children struggling in his work. i see improvement in my children grades. first time my child hits an A grade for sci! Another one improved by at least 8 marks for chem n bio. :)

jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by jkids » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:22 pm

anyone can recommend tuition centre for sec eng in yishun? my child has C6.

MathscienceTutor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by MathscienceTutor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Looking for 1 to 1 tuition by dedicated tutor with more than 8 years of experience teaching Math and Science?

I will NOT spoonfeed your child. I will guide them with insights and work towards excellence with your child.

Master Trainer in Primary Maths, Science, Secondary Science Physics, A.Maths.
Pls call or text Jason @ 81120970.

Geekingreen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Geekingreen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 pm

:?

ReadingNikki
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by ReadingNikki » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:29 pm

The Learning Lab's effort in providing applied and contextual learning materials is really awesome.

Last term, my daughter received worksheets on Singapore’s food economics and personal diet. The worksheet was printed with vivid colours, pictograms and graphs.

I had a fun and interactive session with my daughter, discussing real world concepts while working on the worksheets at home.

I find the worksheets will help students to think about and apply Mathematical concepts in authentic contexts. When included and structured through interactive group discussions in classroom settings, such exercises promote elaborative and deep thinking, synthesise knowledge and understanding, and encourage collaborative learning.

I support these well-designed worksheets and hope to see more of them included throughout the terms, instead of towards the end of the final term.

Ms Cheryl Wong is a great Teacher. Ms Wong adopts a Growth Mindset in her pedagogy. This is evident in her marking style, and comments in all marked worksheets. She is approachable and maintains open communication channels with parents. My daughter shared that she enjoyed her time with Ms Wong.

I sincerely hope that TLL continues to adapt and grow in its efforts to promote passion and a Growth Mindset among its students.

breatheandgrow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by breatheandgrow » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:55 am

jen.wong wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:17 pm
Hi all,
I am looking for a tutor for Primary 1 Eng & Math, any recommendation?
For Primary Maths tuition, try Oodles Learning at Sembawang Road, which is actually in Yishun. The curriculum is based on Onsponge which is the range of heuristics guidebook used to stretch the top classes for many branded schools. I personally like the structured curriculum and my girl can easily understand the concepts. I guess I am really “kiasu” and started her really early as she started CMA at 4 years old at Yishun Chong Pang which I believed already helped develop strong mathematical sense in her so that when she switched to Oodles at P1, she was already ahead of her peers. I also like that her teacher has been patient with my queries and always try to stretch and challenge my girl beyond her current capabilities. I feel that having a strong mathematical foundation is extremely important as she is currently in Chongfu and the standard is really high but she has been scoring distinction so far. The strong foundation at Oodles also helped her excel in Mathematical Olympiad. When it comes to Mathematics, I believe in starting early as the confidence fuels passion for problem solving. Her mathematics class at Oodles is not cheap but well-worth the fees. The biggest issue I have though is parking at the area.

For Primary English tuition, try Writers’ Guild at Yishun Mall. My girl started off with the English P1 creative writing class and it stirred her love in English. She sometimes find excuses to wiggle her way out of her tuition classes for other subjects but her creative writing class at Writers’ Guild is the only class that she does not want to miss even when she is tired. Her composition has also been printed by her school teacher as the model compo for her classmates.

annedrew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by annedrew » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi all,

I m looking for chinese tuition for my son who is sec 1 and taking express chinese in chung cheng. Small group or 1to1 is fine. Any recomendations in Yishun?

annedrew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by annedrew » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi all,

I m looking for chinese tuition for my son who is sec 3 and taking express chinese in chung cheng. Small group or 1to1 is fine. Any recomendations in Yishun?

Wywah
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Wywah » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:08 am

Any good tutors or tuition centre to recommend for P6 English, Math and Science ? Need not be the same tutor or tuition centre for the different subjects.
Thank you!