OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Taekwondo

Post by darwinkoh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 am

peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am
darwinkoh wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:10 am
To all experts here, for STF grading, when will a candidate obtain his first certificate (i.e. a document)? After passing 1st Poom? Thanks.
Depends on how fast your centre following up with the HQ at Katong.
Typically or by default leh? Thanks

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by DavidFhu » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:15 pm

peasants wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:14 pm

What are they plan in TKD? If they are still active black belters, ask them to go for Poomsae Coach Course. Don't let it go to waste.
Actually, elder one will work part time as coach assistant and earn her own monthly allowance. Coach course is still far off, need to go for senior conversion first.
As long as a club don't mind having assistant that did not go through Poomsae Coach Course, she can skip the course.

But most of bigger clubs will only employ those with certification only.

DavidFhu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by DavidFhu » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:18 pm

darwinkoh wrote:
To all experts here, for STF grading, when will a candidate obtain his first certificate (i.e. a document)? After passing 1st Poom? Thanks.
Hi Darwinkoh,

What certificate are you referring to? For TKD, it goes by belts.

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:27

Post by peasants » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm

DavidFhu wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:15 pm
peasants wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:14 pm

What are they plan in TKD? If they are still active black belters, ask them to go for Poomsae Coach Course. Don't let it go to waste.
Actually, elder one will work part time as coach assistant and earn her own monthly allowance. Coach course is still far off, need to go for senior conversion first.
As long as a club don't mind having assistant that did not go through Poomsae Coach Course, she can skip the course.

But most of bigger clubs will only employ those with certification only.
Oh..I don't think is that kind of formal coaching. This assistant assist on admin work, logistics type.

Real coach need at least senior belt and master course.

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by peasants » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:20 pm

darwinkoh wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 am
peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am
darwinkoh wrote:
Depends on how fast your centre following up with the HQ at Katong.
Typically or by default leh? Thanks
Back in 2013, HQ process all poom certs include printing and registering all new 1st poom into STF register. When I said depends mean how fast the club submit relevant details to HQ, follow up admin work, collections and all that. Can be from weeks to months. If your club dun respond to you, you can call HQ directly. During my time, I collect directly from HQ for my kids.

darwinkoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by darwinkoh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:30 pm

DavidFhu wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:18 pm
darwinkoh wrote:
Hi Darwinkoh,

I mean some sorts of paper documentation. My kids are having PSLE next year... thus would like to stop a while. Will probably comes back when they are around 14+ years old to practice again before they could convert their poom to dan belts. Thus it would be good if they could have a certificate to show that they have passed certain levels other than solely rely on the cards (which remains in the possession of the school). The certificates would allow them to include this skill in their report books as well. Can they request to take back the cards?
While trying for their black tip, the school would come out with funny excuses not to pass them. Thus I afraid that there would not be any verification to their levels when they return from the break (e.g. cards lose or cannot be found etc.). This would also allow them to try in another school.
They would be taking a rather long leave... (2-3 years) cos I prefer them to take up another form of martial art (defensive type e.g. Akido) in the meanwhile before they return to take up TKD again to convert their poom to dan.
Thanks.

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by peasants » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm

DavidFhu wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:43 pm
oplo wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:10 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Yes! Your kids are in NCC?

There are two type of TKD badge for NCC.

NCC-TAEKWONDO BADGE (NOT THE SAME AS SAF-TAEKWONDO BADGE)
Require to Completed NCC TKD / Unarmed Combat Programme

TAEKWONDO BADGE
Require to attained the 1st Dan black belt
(Registered under Singapore Taekowndo Foundation)
Certificate must presented to RSM, HQNCC
google cannot find "Singapore Taekowndo Foundation", is it Federation you referring to? So Singapore TaeKwonDo Academy is not recognised by SAF ?
Yes, it is the Singapore Taekwondo Federation. Refer to Ong Ye Kung, The Taekwondo badge – For all vocations, so long as the serviceman or servicewoman achieves a 1st Dan black belt through an SAF-recognised local civilian club. Typically involves two and a half years of training. But nowhere mention what are the SAF-recognised local civilian club.
I just submitted STF poom cert to HQ NCC. Await for their reply. Can't help to think if the girls continue in STF, could have being
3rd poom by now.

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by peasants » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:08 pm

darwinkoh wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:30 pm
DavidFhu wrote:
darwinkoh wrote:
Hi Darwinkoh,

I mean some sorts of paper documentation. My kids are having PSLE next year... thus would like to stop a while. Will probably comes back when they are around 14+ years old to practice again before they could convert their poom to dan belts. Thus it would be good if they could have a certificate to show that they have passed certain levels other than solely rely on the cards (which remains in the possession of the school). The certificates would allow them to include this skill in their report books as well. Can they request to take back the cards?
While trying for their black tip, the school would come out with funny excuses not to pass them. Thus I afraid that there would not be any verification to their levels when they return from the break (e.g. cards lose or cannot be found etc.). This would also allow them to try in another school.
They would be taking a rather long leave... (2-3 years) cos I prefer them to take up another form of martial art (defensive type e.g. Akido) in the meanwhile before they return to take up TKD again to convert their poom to dan.
Thanks.
Huh? U mean your child got 1st poom and no cert given yet?? Grading cards is yours, not the club. Contact HQ to get back if club choot pattern for both items. Indicate to them your child is quitting.

darwinkoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by darwinkoh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:54 pm

peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:08 pm
darwinkoh wrote:
DavidFhu wrote:

Hi Darwinkoh,

Thanks.
Huh? U mean your child got 1st poom and no cert given yet?? Grading cards is yours, not the club. Contact HQ to get back if club choot pattern for both items. Indicate to them your child is quitting.
Thanks for the insight. Glad that I consult an expert rather than blur blur being manipulated.

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by peasants » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:20 pm

darwinkoh wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:54 pm
peasants wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:08 pm
darwinkoh wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks for the insight. Glad that I consult an expert rather than blur blur being manipulated.
No worries, I not expert but merely went through the process. Don't ever say take a break then come back cos the club may use this reason to retain the cert and card to wait for you. Just state you are quitting. The cert is definitely useful elsewhere like NCC in secondary school, which I am using it to apply TKD badge. Address and contact is below fyi.

Address: 35 Joo Chiat Place, Singapore 427759
Tel: 6345 1491
Email: stkdf@mail.com