All About Life Without Maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

I am

Much happier without my maid
89%
Missing my maid
11%

Total votes: 478

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:157

Re: All About Life Without Maids

Post by lee_yl » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:55 am

janet88 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 am
my mum employed a maid to help her with the cleaning. she did not have one for many years...using a part time instead, but you know these come and leave after 5 hours, once a week.

the myanmar maid picked up quite fast.
when facing the 2 old folks, she appeared obedient. just 1 week at my place, she exposed her true colours. last night, I managed to find 2 selfies of her with full make up and dressed up like a peacock. they were taken at parents' place. I forwarded the pics to the agency.

having a maid is to help with housework...instead, she is the start of problems.
when mum thought of getting a replacement, the costs of a new risk came up to $780 and chunk of this amount goes to MOM.
She is a YOUNG girl after all mah. My helpers plug eyebrows, use facial foam and apply hand/face moisturizers before they sleep. As long as the carry out their duties responsibly and diligently, what they want to do inside their room after their working hours, we just close one eye? Got a lot more vain ones meeting BFs outside during their off days leh.

So long as she does her job properly, behaves obediently in front of your parents and most importantly, your parents are alright with her. Changing a new maid has other risks and ($780) is not cheap for retirees.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:140

Post by janet88 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:31 pm

yl,
in front of parents, she sure acted goody goody. it was at my place her true colours showed.
she has been sitting at the agency for 5 days. if mum takes her back, she would need to monitor her.
that would be stressful because nobody knows what the maid will do or will she be up to any monkey tricks.

annfresh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by annfresh » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:49 pm

Hello to all super mummies .
Need to choose good mop for me to use.
My maid, before she left, used cotton one, but it is last century 😅
There is so many kind of spin one with different price.
I’m too busy now to do research . Is anyone can give advice or share you experience, please.

Savanna Tan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Savanna Tan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:44 am

I bought Xiaomi Roborock - saved my life. Now no need to vacuum anymore just need to mop once. Its quite effective i must say.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by zac's mum » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:27 am

Savanna Tan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:44 am
I bought Xiaomi Roborock - saved my life. Now no need to vacuum anymore just need to mop once. Its quite effective i must say.
I agree. Saved me so much time! Vacuuming + mopping was such a boring & time consuming chore that I was all too happy to unload onto my Xiaomi Roborock. DH programmed it to run on timer once a day. Now I don’t even need to bother about my floors.

Also it helps us keep the floor clutter-free. We’ve gotten into the habit of keeping our stuff off the floor. DH and DS get “nagged” by the robo’s alerts whenever it sucks up one of their dirty socks left lying around lol.

Alex75
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Alex75 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:17 pm

Savanna Tan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:44 am
That's interesting! Where did you buy your Xiaomi Roborock? How about its aftersales warranty? We are also planning to buy one sine we have read lots of positive reviews about this product.

Vince19
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Vince19 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Having a full-time maid is not necessary if the household activities are scheduled for all members of the family. Aside from saving money by not hiring a maid, household chores could also serve as a fitness exercise, especially for our kids. These activities will also teach them how to be independent and to know the ho to's of managing their own home in the future.

SHAWNN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by SHAWNN » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:01 am

anyone experienced sending your maids stuffs eg. clothings back to her home country before ?

you bring the stuffs to courier company and pack there or they can send boxes for you to pack, once boxes are ready, you call their men to collect from your home ?

jliu76746
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:20 am

SHAWNN wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:01 am
anyone experienced sending your maids stuffs eg. clothings back to her home country before ?

you bring the stuffs to courier company and pack there or they can send boxes for you to pack, once boxes are ready, you call their men to collect from your home ?
My friend has tried to do this two years ago and I think he asks Jolly-B to do that. Check their website: http://http://www.jollyb-box.com/ or email them: support.sgsin@jollyb-box.com

rainbow_icecream
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rainbow_icecream » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Less mental stress but physically tired out! :/