Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) Updates

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:14

Re: [Wuhan Cornoavirus] Global Updates 24/1

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:31 am

Saw someone wearing a mask walked away to another cabin of the MRT when the passenger in front of her cough just a little bit.

Most people are very sensitive now. Good to be mindful that everyone's risk appetite and tolerance is different.

oplo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by oplo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:45 am

Estéema wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:12 pm
During this period, we shld encourage each other to be responsible adults, ensure we take care to avoid getting infection by limiting ourselves fr visiting crowded areas, get our errands done & leave quickly, ensure we practice hygiene & wash. We must learn to use our wisdom & use level headedness to solve problem. Stop ppl fr coughing & sneezing w/o a mask to contain. Get str to the doc once u’re ill or stay home & be responsible not to pass our own illness to others.

We shld be aware there are irresponsible others, but teach our kids to be highly alert but not introduce or teach them to fear unnecessarily and freeze their life’s activities. Life still goes on but to manage the best we can.

Australia, China & Russia are reported to be working towards effective treatment. I’m sure there are others experimenting for a cure but not officially reported. These are more constructive actions then spread fear.
:goodpost:

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:53 am

Reminds me of the times when people believed the earth rotate around the sun and the earth is flat. If anyone then dare to say otherwise... haha.... but a fact is a fact.

Personal tolerance level and preference do not give them the right to change a fact. Like the passenger w the mask, one can move away and volunteer their kids to stay at home to avoid all kinds of virus, including common cold and flu
phtthp wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:46 am
6thisnthat9 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:37 am
Well I would insist to teach our kids the right values.

1. Follow MOE and school directives and scientific reasoning
2. Listen to our kids. If kid is active and healthily running about, parents will know if kid is unwell

2. Not to succumb to unnecessary pressure as such, or rumours abt school sending kids home despite no fever
But, this is your own opinion.
No one can stop u, from insist sending a child coughing, to school (action started)

That's why I said,
watch / observe how other people react, if u do so lor.
That is, the reaction from all the people mentioned, above, be prepared to deal with the reaction from these people

When there is action, likewise, there is reaction, also scientific reasoning

Because

In Science, this doesn't exist :

When there is an action, but No reaction

In Physics,
Newton's third law of "Action and Re-action", indicate so

https://www.britannica.com/science/law- ... d-reaction

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:164

Post by Nebbermind » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:23 am

If you donch want sick classmates around your kid, then you shouldn't send your kid to school if she is sick. No?
In any case, if your kid is sick, then better to stay at home coz her immunity is low and she's probably more susceptible to being infected. No?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:83

Post by ngl2010 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:37 am

I thought I read that this coronavirus won’t necessarily cause fever? And they are infectious even during incubation period.

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:56 am

In any case, sch follows MOH and MOE directives. Only kids with fever will be sent home. Fact.

Kids or teachers whether fever or not, just returned from china, take LOA, MOH, MOE directives.

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:07 am

Definition of unwell.

For example,
Perennial allergic rhinitis is a chronic allergic condition that doesn't subside throughout the year and causes nasal congestion and a runny nose. ... Dust mites are the most common cause of perennial allergic rhinitis but it can be caused by any allergy that is present year round.

So they are supposed to skip school all year round?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:252

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:37 am

ngl2010 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:37 am
I thought I read that this coronavirus won’t necessarily cause fever? And they are infectious even during incubation period.
Not confirmed by WHO and MOH yet if this is the case. At the moment, they hospitalise those with symptoms, and quarantine people based on travel history and close contact with those with symptoms.

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:37 am

One day, a new comic could appear,

Before nCoV, one need a mc from doctor to be absent.
After nCoV, one need a mc from doctor to be certified well and be present.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:252

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:39 am

6thisnthat9 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:07 am
Definition of unwell.

For example,
Perennial allergic rhinitis is a chronic allergic condition that doesn't subside throughout the year and causes nasal congestion and a runny nose. ... Dust mites are the most common cause of perennial allergic rhinitis but it can be caused by any allergy that is present year round.

So they are supposed to skip school all year round?
I guess in this climate of hypersensitivity, those with non-infectious cold-like symptoms will have to bow to the fearful and wear masks? My family is one of those with allergies, though not daily. Just often enough that we are probably going to be avoided sometimes!