Networking Group - Nanyang JC

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:295

Re: Networking Group - Nanyang JC

Post by phtthp » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Dino wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:59 pm
phtthp wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:53 pm
Dino wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:54 am

I got a noob qn. Does it mean that 9 distinctions = 13 AUs for sure?
If u want the answer, perhaps best to clarify with Principal of Nanyang Junior College directly, how the NYJC student scored 13 units, because only the answer from the school Principal is true, not speculation.
I think u are mistaken. There are other 9 distinctions from other jcs as well. Its just wanting to know the maths behind 9 distinctions that's all. Please don't drag me into this nyjc saga. I not interested in what's going on in this nyjc thing. Anyway many pple say this and that abt nyjc until also don't knwo what is real and what is not.
so far, only 2 JCs mentioned 13 Units

one is Hwa Chong JC. Hence, maybe u can post one message into Hwa Chong JC there, ask the students or parents in HCI thread : how that student scored 13 units ? Perhaps they can tell u more

the other site that mentioned 13 units, is this NYJC thread. Due to the uproar as u have already seen for yourself, as mentioned, only Principal of NYJC know the truth. Thus, he is the best person to seek the truth from

which other JCs, besides HCI and NYJC, mentioned 13 units ?
If have, is always best to go directly to the horse's mouth and clarify, because u also do not want to end up having speculated answers, right ? After seeked the truth, then u have a better picture, can tell yourself, "Oh I see ! now i finally understand, how students can get 13 units."

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:30

Post by qms » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:24 pm

phtthp wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:07 pm

one is Hwa Chong JC. Hence, maybe u can post one message into Hwa Chong JC there, ask the students or parents in HCI thread : how that student scored 13 units ? Perhaps they can tell u more

the other site that mentioned 13 units, is this NYJC thread. Due to the uproar as u have already seen for yourself, as mentioned, only Principal of NYJC know the truth. Thus, he is the best person to seek the truth from

If have, is always best to go directly to the horse's mouth and clarify, because u also do not want to end up having speculated answers, right ?
HCI mentioned one student achieving 13 AUs without mentioning the number of distinctions.

As per Parent's clarification, NYJC principal mentioned nine distinctions without mentioning anything about AUs.

RI had three students who achieved nine distinctions each, without mentioning number of AUs.

Hence, it is possible for NYJC to have a student who achieved nine distinctions.

However nine distinctions don't necessarily imply 13 AUs and they don't necessarily imply 3H3.

Dino
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:19

Post by Dino » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:28 pm

phtthp wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:07 pm
Dino wrote:
phtthp wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:53 pm

If u want the answer, perhaps best to clarify with Principal of Nanyang Junior College directly, how the NYJC student scored 13 units, because only the answer from the school Principal is true, not speculation.
I think u are mistaken. There are other 9 distinctions from other jcs as well. Its just wanting to know the maths behind 9 distinctions that's all. Please don't drag me into this nyjc saga. I not interested in what's going on in this nyjc thing. Anyway many pple say this and that abt nyjc until also don't knwo what is real and what is not.

If have, is always best to go directly to the horse's mouth and clarify, because u also do not want to end up having speculated answers, right ? After seeked the truth, then u have a better picture, can tell yourself, "Oh I see ! now i finally understand, how students can get 13 units."
Its just trying to understand the maths behind whether 9 distinctions will always add up to 13 AUs that's all. General qn. No truth to seek lah and I am not questioning anyone abt whether their 13 AUs are real or not, or how and what their 13AUs can or cannot consists of.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:144

Post by lee_yl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:18 pm

Dino wrote:
Anyway many pple say this and that abt nyjc until also don't knwo what is real and what is not.
That’s the problem. In 2019 A level result thread, it was first reported that the mean UAS of NYJC was 85 although it was indicated as “not verified”. Subsequently, someone said 85 should be the median, not mean.

However, over time, the whole KSP seems to believe NYCJ’s mean UAS is 85. But what exactly is the actual mean UAS, nobody knows.

That is why if one of its top student scoring 3H3 distinctions is not clarified, very soon whole of KSP will take it as a fact even though it’s not.

winsomelosesomee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by winsomelosesomee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:46 pm

John Lim wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:35 pm
John Lim wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:25 pm
John Lim wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Thank you Nanyang JC! 谢谢你
0 tuition, money no enough 銭不够用

to be continued :rotflmao:
DD
H1 Chinese D :dancing: Thank you Nanyang JC! 谢谢你

EVERY SCHOOL A GOOD SCHOOL Thank you MOE
H2 Literature in English A :dancing: Thank you Nanyang JC! 谢谢你
H2 Mathematics A :dancing: Thank you Nanyang JC! 谢谢你

Hey John,
V creative of you to post Ny students' fantastic A level results.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:144

Post by lee_yl » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:51 pm

winsomelosesomee wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:42 pm
You n yr kakis seem to be bothered by Ny news esp any gd news.
Ahem.... Good news or fake news?

NotEducatedMan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Networking Group - Eunoia

Post by NotEducatedMan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:02 pm

ryanryan wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:38 pm
Parent wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:58 pm
lee_yl wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Isn’t it obvious? I asked Winsomelosesomee seven times NYJC UAS up or down this year, he/she dare not reply.
It's good to know but don't think they were revealed.

Many JCs also didn't reveal much, especially UAS Mean.
NYJC don't even reveal UAS Median......
One of my friend, her DD also belongs to the last batch from NYJC also reveal the same that their cohort performed worse than their seniors (previous batch).

So I supposed that’s the reason why they go from the usual “little info” to now “almost no info”..

Parent
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by Parent » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 pm

NotEducatedMan wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:02 pm
ryanryan wrote:
Parent wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:58 pm

It's good to know but don't think they were revealed.

Many JCs also didn't reveal much, especially UAS Mean.
One of my friend, her DD also belongs to the last batch from NYJC also reveal the same that their cohort performed worse than their seniors (previous batch).

So I supposed that’s the reason why they go from the usual “little info” to now “almost no info”..
Thanks for sharing.

Are you able to find out what have been said that they concluded the latest A Level results not as good as previously?

NotEducatedMan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by NotEducatedMan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Parent wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 pm
NotEducatedMan wrote:
ryanryan wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Are you able to find out what have been said that they concluded the latest A Level results not as good as previously?
Dun think is necessary to dig further.
Not only NYJC, according to my DS all his ex sch mate from other JCs like NJC, VJC, RV revealed to him that their last A level performance also dropped, including EJC.

Parent
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by Parent » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:38 pm

NotEducatedMan wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:23 pm
Parent wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 pm
NotEducatedMan wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Dun think is necessary to dig further.
Not only NYJC, according to my DS all his ex sch mate from other JCs like NJC, VJC, RV revealed to him that their last A level performance also dropped, including EJC.
Noted. Thanks for sharing again.