School of Science and Technology

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Would your child be applying for SST?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes
29%
No, distance is too far
18%
No, no track record yet
53%

Total votes: 17

olivegal77
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by olivegal77 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 am

mummy_celiatan wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:01 pm
Hi, I am new to this thread. Thank you for the useful info shared here. Hope to find out,

1) Any parents who have bus pool from Sengkang to SST, about how long is the journey to reach SST?
2) In previous thread, it seems the ratio of boys to girls is 3 : 1, any parents here with DD studying there, is there any concern?

Thank you.
About 80% boys

mummy_celiatan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mummy_celiatan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Thank you, olivegal77.

I wonder is it a concern or just my unduly concern... hope that a DD can share her schooling experience here in a mostly boys studying environment.

yuuri
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by yuuri » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:15 pm

Is everyone done with the e-camp? I wonder if they were all given the same task.

champion31
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by champion31 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:28 am

Hi, yesterday my son was told by his teacher that he will need to attend an e-camp on 11 Aug for SST. But I’ve not received an email about this from SST. According to the teacher, an email will be sent out. So I’m not sure what’s going on as I assume the selection process is over so I’m wondering why there’s a second selection process. Anyone else Got this?

masshiro
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by masshiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:48 am

champion31 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:28 am
Hi, yesterday my son was told by his teacher that he will need to attend an e-camp on 11 Aug for SST. But I’ve not received an email about this from SST. According to the teacher, an email will be sent out. So I’m not sure what’s going on as I assume the selection process is over so I’m wondering why there’s a second selection process. Anyone else Got this?
I saw someone post the same too in another thread. So maybe they are still conducting in batches

WhiteFox
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by WhiteFox » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:48 am

champion31 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:28 am
FYI from school:

We are in the process of informing the applicants who are shortlisted for the phase 2 E-Selection Camp. We expect to inform all the shortlisted applicants by 12 Aug.

Applicants who are not shortlisted for phase 2 will also receive an email by 12 Aug.

xueli74
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by xueli74 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:09 am

Does anyone know where can.i find information about applying to be on waitlist if my son have not been shortlisted for round 2? Thank you.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:333

Post by phtthp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:19 am

You cannot apply for Supplementary Intake now, because we do not know if this year 2020 got any Supplementary intake, or not.

If indeed there is one, SST will put up the notice on her school website for Supplementary Intake later on, closer towards the time frame in November, when MOE going (about) to release PSLE results, inviting applicants.

For now, advise your child to focus, do well in his coming PSLE, because SST still look at applicants' Tscore, during Supplementary Intake (If any) . So jiayou, all the very best !
Last edited by phtthp on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

xueli74
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by xueli74 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:59 am

Thank you

masshiro
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by masshiro » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:13 am

Hi

Has all the e camps selection ended? We will likely get the final answer only in mid September right? Thanks