All About Robotics Courses

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!
CalvinS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Robotics Courses

Post by CalvinS » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:06 am

Hi, jedamum!
I was wondering if how was your child's experience when you enroll him on that robotic course? I am also thinking of having my child enroll in the same center but I would like to hear some feedback from those who really enrolled. I hope that you could share your thoughts on this matter. Thank you.

HansA12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by HansA12 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Are there any robotic courses available in January next year? My kids become curios about how these pieces of metal moves on their after watching several movies about robots.

Mama_Nana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Mama_Nana » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:18 pm

I recommend the Electronic Engineer. It deals with robots but also with computers.

scang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by scang » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:17 pm

haleybrown wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:32 pm
Learning how to program Robot Operating Systems, as well as configure the physical components of a robotics system, requires a host.Know robotics engineering courses, subjects, scope, degree, branches & exams in ... Moreover, it helps the candidate to check all of his concepts time to time.
:rahrah: :imcool:

zc
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by zc » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi parents! Virtual Dojo is an online platform that provides you with personalized, 1:1 coding classes for your child. As coding is an increasingly essential skill in school & in the workplace, we want to help our children navigate this future better by helping them learn coding at their own pace, under the close & personal guidance of our capable mentors. For more information, reach us at www.virtualdojo.co to find out more!

YJessica
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by YJessica » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:54 am

I can see my son is showing interest with robotics, is it possible to just learn online?

coast
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:54

Post by coast » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:22 pm

YJessica wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:54 am
I can see my son is showing interest with robotics, is it possible to just learn online?
He can start by learning some coding and logic. There should be courses available (some are free especially the basic ones).

If you have an iPad, there is a free app Swift Playgrounds (by Apple). Refer to the links below:-
https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/games ... arn-coding
https://www.apple.com/sg/swift/playgrounds/

You can also buy a set of Arduino from Amazon.

My DS started from scratch and had lots of fun with Swift Playgrounds and Arduino after his PSLE. It probably laid a good foundation and he did very well for his computer studies during Year 1 in his school.

All the best to your son!

scang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by scang » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:22 pm

YJessica wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:54 am
Depending on your kid's age,
You can start the kid on ScratchJr/Hopscotch (6-8) /Scratch (7-12)
For physical robot, you can start out using mBot (using Scratch platform cost abt $150) as Lego EV3 may be much more costly (bet $300+ to 600)
Of course, there are others, like FlipRobot, Qdee robot(using microbit), Dash, Dot etc

kennethchow
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by kennethchow » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:16 pm

Hi all! I'm the founder of the Centre Of Robotics Excellence and personally run a robotics mentorship program, which includes training our national teams. Just this year, we have won 40 awards at national, regional, and international competitions. As our current batch of students graduate and make their way up to universities (we have students going to CMU, ICL, UCLA etc.), we're looking to begin a new intake. Do drop us a Whatsapp message at 87489674 if you're interested! We're online at https://coresg.tech and https://fb.com/coresg too.

bearkoor
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by bearkoor » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Greetings! We are a bunch of furloughed pilots and aerospace engineers whom have created an enrichment course to teach science, math and engineering to children age 10 - 15 years. We have lined up a December holiday course. Visit us on @aircademysg on facebook & instagram to find out more! Support furloughed pilots and give your child an exposure to aviation =) Thanks (https://www.facebook.com/aircademysg) Alternatively, contact us directly at 90691930 =)

We including coding and robotics systems for drones as well!