Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Rosie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Wonder how's the 80% cut off for DSA computed...all the subjects including SS? What about HCL vs CL?

Rosie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby KingRascal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Can anyone enlighten me what is Bicep for Chinese Language all about? Thanks

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:50 pm

KingRascal wrote:Can anyone enlighten me what is Bicep for Chinese Language all about? Thanks

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2008/ ... pecial.php
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Rosie wrote:Wonder how's the 80% cut off for DSA computed...all the subjects including SS? What about HCL vs CL?

Each DSA school has its computation. Check their respective websites.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Trapwithin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:03 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
Trapwithin wrote:HCL or CL still follow the Mainstream right?
There is no special lesson for HCL in GEP I think.

Thus GEP kids that is weak in HCL/CL, parent will still send them for enrichment, afterall HCL/CL still contribute 25% of PSLE.

why should GEP kids be necessarily be weak in HCL or CL ? where is the correlation for this ?

all GEP centres run HCL lessons

may be you are truly trapped within your warped logic on GEP and HCL / CL

I think you misunderstand me. I did not say all GEP kids are weak in HCL, I said GEP kids that is weak. The GEP kids that I know are extremely good in HCL.
GEP kids taking HCL is doing the same HCL as the mainstream HCL

(just being blunt and not to offend) [/quote]

Trapwithin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:25 am

Trapwithin wrote:GEP kids taking HCL is doing the same HCL as the mainstream HCL

Well, the text book/syllabus is certainly the same but I am pretty sure the HCL tests that the GE kids take are the definitely not the same as mainstream. Selected mainstream students do join the GE students for HCL lessons.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 am

keroppi wrote:
Trapwithin wrote:GEP kids taking HCL is doing the same HCL as the mainstream HCL

Well, the text book/syllabus is certainly the same but I am pretty sure the HCL tests that the GE kids take are the definitely not the same as mainstream. Selected mainstream students do join the GE students for HCL lessons.

Besides common text book, my ds is also given worksheets and note which can be a more detailed script of the same story as that in the text book, and more in depth questions trigger from the story... Their common test format is also using P5/6 HCL test format, ie no testing of Hanyu Pinying etc. Find the comprehension questions they have more challenging. Tuition centre material does not seem to cater for their needs of similar level, but if I send him for P5 HCL tuition, it is too difficult for him. I am still looking for assessment with comprehension practics close to their level. Cos this is the area which he loose marks. Any reccommendation?

Not sure for those who are taking CL at P4 what is their test format like.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ApronMama » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:35 am

Existing GEP parents,

With 7 more IP programme coming onboard, will you be considering registering any of them to continue their sec programme or simply still "eyeing" at RI, HCI, NUSH. But think of it now, the premium after less EESIS at these school is rather unfair for those who admit to these top school thru merit and usually the GEPers. Will you consider taking up other IP school for your GEPers? GEPers would have studied History thru Social Studies in primary years, whehter they will be repeatingly studying them again in sec school or have other option?

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:57 am

I don't think the new IP school has school based gifted programme for those geppers who maintain their gep status when they go sec 1. So definitely and logically, the geppers should aim for school like RI, HCI, RGS where they offer SBGP for them...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:16 pm

vlim wrote:I don't think the new IP school has school based gifted programme for those geppers who maintain their gep status when they go sec 1. So definitely and logically, the geppers should aim for school like RI, HCI, RGS where they offer SBGP for them...

Think DHS is gov rate with SBGP. where else ? I hope it will be like last time, full EESIS coverage for school fee at Indpt sch ...

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres