All About Active Community Leaders

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Postby GSK » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 am

Tat's a good news, at least govt are looking into it and are concerns on this issue.

GSK
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Flower Power » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:42 pm

timtim wrote:Hi, the following is from PA to all GROs. We were told to look into the cases of members who are affected by the recent electoral boundary changes. So there is hope for those affected. Cheers!

============================================

Dear General Managers and Constituency Directors

1. The registration of children for admission to primary one classes in 2012 under the Ministry of Education (MOE) Primary One Registration Priority Scheme for Grassroots Leaders (GRLs)/District Councillors (DCs) will commence in May/June 2011. Only serving members of the CCC, CCMC, RC and NC, and DCs of the CDCs, who have at least one year of continuous service immediately prior to their application (i.e. those who were appointed on or before 30 June 2010) are eligible to apply.

2. CCC, CCMC, RC and NC members can register their children at schools situated within the GRC/SMC which they are serving and/or residing, while CDC DCs can register their children at schools situated within the GRC/SMC which they reside and at schools situated within the GRC/SMC of the Adviser who had recommended them for appointment into the CDC.

3. With the recent announcement of the new electoral boundaries, some Grassroots Advisers and GRLs who are eligible for the Scheme have raised concerns about the impact this would have on the MOE Primary One Registration Priority Scheme. MOE has also asked PA for a gauge on the number of GRLs/DCs who might be affected.

4. In order for PA and MOE to ascertain the number of GRLs/DCs who might be affected, we would appreciate it if you could quickly check with your eligible and interested GRLs (CCC, CCMC, RC and NC) and CDC DCs who have one year of continuous service, whether their residing and/or serving GRC/SMC are affected by the boundary change.

Hi timtim

Many thanks for the update. I have pm you.
I am glad PA is starting to work out the grey areas now.

Flower Power
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby minda » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:14 pm

hi timtim i'm starting my volunteer for next year intake and now all confused. i have PM you. Thanks!

minda
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby timtim » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 am

minda wrote:hi timtim i'm starting my volunteer for next year intake and now all confused. i have PM you. Thanks!

Hi, you mean your kid is entering P1 in 2012? if you're not an EM by 30 Jun 2010 last year, it's too late already. In fact, if you're talking about P1 in 2013, then you must be an EM by 30 Jun 2011 to be eligible for the GRL P2B Priority Scheme in May/Jun 2012. Hope you're clearer now.

timtim
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby hollandv » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:45 am

Hi Timtim, just want a clarification. do u mean you have to be an EM for at least 1 year before they will give u or request for an endorsement letter or as long as your an EM (regardless how many month) when you request for an endorsement? Thanks

hollandv
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby b2b3m4 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:31 am

hollandv wrote:Hi Timtim, just want a clarification. do u mean you have to be an EM for at least 1 year before they will give u or request for an endorsement letter or as long as your an EM (regardless how many month) when you request for an endorsement? Thanks

Minimum 1 year as an EM, regardless how long u were an observer.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby lwhjoyce » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:45 am

timtim wrote:Hi, the following is from PA to all GROs. We were told to look into the cases of members who are affected by the recent electoral boundary changes. So there is hope for those affected. Cheers!

============================================

Dear General Managers and Constituency Directors

1. The registration of children for admission to primary one classes in 2012 under the Ministry of Education (MOE) Primary One Registration Priority Scheme for Grassroots Leaders (GRLs)/District Councillors (DCs) will commence in May/June 2011. Only serving members of the CCC, CCMC, RC and NC, and DCs of the CDCs, who have at least one year of continuous service immediately prior to their application (i.e. those who were appointed on or before 30 June 2010) are eligible to apply.

2. CCC, CCMC, RC and NC members can register their children at schools situated within the GRC/SMC which they are serving and/or residing, while CDC DCs can register their children at schools situated within the GRC/SMC which they reside and at schools situated within the GRC/SMC of the Adviser who had recommended them for appointment into the CDC.

3. With the recent announcement of the new electoral boundaries, some Grassroots Advisers and GRLs who are eligible for the Scheme have raised concerns about the impact this would have on the MOE Primary One Registration Priority Scheme. MOE has also asked PA for a gauge on the number of GRLs/DCs who might be affected.

4. In order for PA and MOE to ascertain the number of GRLs/DCs who might be affected, we would appreciate it if you could quickly check with your eligible and interested GRLs (CCC, CCMC, RC and NC) and CDC DCs who have one year of continuous service, whether their residing and/or serving GRC/SMC are affected by the boundary change.

Dear Tim Tim

I have PM you. Hope and appreciate your reply. TIA :D

lwhjoyce
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kkmm2006 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me which GRC NHPS is in now? Since due to the new election boundaries drawn, my home address is in west coast GRC. Previously both NHPS and my home were in Holland-bukit timah GRC, now quite confused.

kkmm2006
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mummy of 3 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Should be Holland-Bukit Timah... No changers
You may want to choose FMPS..

mummy of 3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dorisp » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:38 pm

I recall reading somewhere that schools in respective GRCs will be updated sometime April......

dorisp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration