LEARNConcierge

Endeavour Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Re: Endeavour Primary

Postby HH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:07 pm

cool360 wrote:
Hi cool....glad to hear from you again! yes...the FT is Mdm Gan. this weekend they got homework ( practise Handwritting ) & correction on the Eng file ( if any).

Do you manage to find the BASC?

Yes, the writing practise is indeed their spelling words. I put my boy in pro-teach(khatib) BASC. I pay a bit more on the school bus $80 to send my boy there so far my boy is enjoying the ride. Your DS in Mainspring?

Yes, my DS is at Mainspring. so far he is ok with it and majority of the students are from EPS.

HH
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cool360 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:54 pm

HH wrote:
cool360 wrote:
Hi cool....glad to hear from you again! yes...the FT is Mdm Gan. this weekend they got homework ( practise Handwritting ) & correction on the Eng file ( if any).

Do you manage to find the BASC?

Yes, the writing practise is indeed their spelling words. I put my boy in pro-teach(khatib) BASC. I pay a bit more on the school bus $80 to send my boy there so far my boy is enjoying the ride. Your DS in Mainspring?

Yes, my DS is at Mainspring. so far he is ok with it and majority of the students are from EPS.

I saw a banner outside EPS school - a new BASC called Powerlife in Sembawang Shopping Centre but still out of my way. Hope EPS will have its in-house student care soon. How is Mainspring BASC and its program?

cool360
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Gluttonish » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:20 am

Butterann wrote:My son is in P2. I am sort of stressed out by his weekly mother tongue 默写 and 听写. On top of that, there's a show and tell and oral on 曹操。Faint....
Kind of tough for P2.

Butterann: Finally see another P2 parent here. I totally cant cope with her chinese! 默写 and 听写 and oral! So tough! I've engaged a chinese tutor for 1 on 1 sessions, but still cant cope. faint.

Gluttonish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Butterann » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Gluttonish: My worry is that my son may be totally turned off by MT. Gosh, so much time is being spent on learning the MT spelling and dictation.

Butterann
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby HH » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:13 am

I saw a banner outside EPS school - a new BASC called Powerlife in Sembawang Shopping Centre but still out of my way. Hope EPS will have its in-house student care soon. How is Mainspring BASC and its program?[/quote]

SSC is out of my way too. Basically at Mainspring, there will be Homework supervision / Spelling after lunch and shower. Tea break will be the next and after tea break will be tuition session.

Out of curiosity, since ur stay at Sembawang wondering why you choose the BASC at Khatib ? due to the program there?

HH
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cool360 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:09 am

HH wrote:SSC is out of my way too. Basically at Mainspring, there will be Homework supervision / Spelling after lunch and shower. Tea break will be the next and after tea break will be tuition session.

Out of curiosity, since ur stay at Sembawang wondering why you choose the BASC at Khatib ? due to the program there?

I struggle a little to send my boy so far to Khatib. Looking at all the BASC in Sembawang, I only like Mainspring. But I will not be able to pick up my boy on time. Based on recommendation from friends and looking at Pro-Teach BASC program, I decided to send my boy to Pro-Teach BASC (Khatib). It is along my way back from work and the program very similar to Mainspring. Beside academic, what I like is the character building in Pro-Teach - i-values is to cultivating cornerstone values like trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, compassion and citizenship in the kids. In Sembawang, Pro-Teach BASC is in Wellington Primary but only for Wellington Students and most in-house BASC close at 6.30pm. Too early for me.

cool360
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby wonders » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Butterann wrote:My son is in P2. I am sort of stressed out by his weekly mother tongue 默写 and 听写. On top of that, there's a show and tell and oral on 曹操。Faint....
Kind of tough for P2.

hi there,
i totally agreed.. yet to work on show & tell.

wonders
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jojolin927 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:44 am

Hi all,
I am new here. I will register EPS as 1st choice for my daughter (P1 in 2013). I will complete the PV by end of Feb'12.
While I was volunteering, one parent complained about EPS. Her words make me worry about the school. After reading this forum, it tamed my mind.

Since your kids are in EPS. Hope you don't mind to reply if the complain is true:
1) Young/in-experience teachers
2) Turn-over rate of teacher is high
3) Focus will be on those students who failed the exam and neglect those who are weak (not failed yet)
4) Parents need to out-source the enrichment class for weak kids

Thanks.

jojolin927
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cool360 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:10 pm

jojolin927 wrote:Hi all,
I am new here. I will register EPS as 1st choice for my daughter (P1 in 2013). I will complete the PV by end of Feb'12.
While I was volunteering, one parent complained about EPS. Her words make me worry about the school. After reading this forum, it tamed my mind.

Since your kids are in EPS. Hope you don't mind to reply if the complain is true:
1) Young/in-experience teachers
2) Turn-over rate of teacher is high
3) Focus will be on those students who failed the exam and neglect those who are weak (not failed yet)
4) Parents need to out-source the enrichment class for weak kids

Thanks.

All these statements are sweeping statements to me without any facts to support them.
1) Young does not mean no good. It is always two-sided. What is important they must have the passion and heart for teaching.
2) Is the parent working as HR in the school and does the parent have the statistic of how many teacher resigned from EPS each year? I doubt she has the statistic.
3&4) There is always a limit to what a teacher can do. As parents, we need to get involved with our kids study. Please do not expect the teacher can do everything for us. We need to do our part as parents. The teacher can give extra remedial class and as parents we need to revise the work with our kids constantly. Don't expect the remedial class can do wonder if we as parent don't constantly revise with our kids.

I confidently say EPS is good school.

cool360
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Butterann » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:19 am

wonders wrote:hi there,
i totally agreed.. yet to work on show & tell.

I am having a hard time to get my son to tell me who's his best pal; name and all. And the show and tell is next week...

Butterann
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups

LEARNConcierge