HOW TO MOTIVATE MY GIRL TO PUT IN MORE EFFORT IN HER STUDIES

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Re: HOW TO MOTIVATE MY GIRL TO PUT IN MORE EFFORT IN HER STU

Postby jtoh » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:52 am

Chenonceau wrote:3rd Draft of Front Cover

3rd Draft of Back Cover

For those who ordered the book... I am ALMOST there.

Is there a LIKE button? :)

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby weatherbee » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:11 pm

I also have difficulty motivating my children sometimes. Really tiring.

weatherbee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bliss-ful » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:52 am

Where is the like button????

jtoh wrote:
Chenonceau wrote:3rd Draft of Front Cover

3rd Draft of Back Cover

For those who ordered the book... I am ALMOST there.

Is there a LIKE button? :)

bliss-ful
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby e3learninghub » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi,

Our tutors at E3 learning hub specialize in academic studies guided by a registered and experienced counselor. If you are keen on finding out the key reasons why your child is not performing and how she can improve, you can contact us at 65544959.

Thank you.

e3learninghub
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby weatherbee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:24 pm

mummy of three wrote:Change another tutor who can motivate her?

But tutor will not be with my son all the time. Wondering how to get/motivate him to do his work after school by himself as I will only be home in the evening.

weatherbee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schweppes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Chenonceau wrote:Image

3rd Draft of Back Cover

:congrats: Chen on your book!! Received it in the mail this evening and I LIKE!!!
:rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

It's reader friendly and with none of the new fangled corporate speak. You write it as it is and I feel as if I am getting advice from a friend. :love:

Thanks for sharing your experiences and penning down your thoughts. There were a couple laugh out loud moments... love your sense of wicked wit and humor.

Confirmed best seller, liao. :rahrah: :rahrah:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Er... in case you are wondering... no, Chen did NOT pay me nor bribe me nor whipped me nor held a gun to my head to post the feedback above.

Her book is well written and in her usual nurturing and kawan-kawan friendly style. Well worth a good read!! :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mummy so kiasu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 am

weatherbee wrote:

But tutor will not be with my son all the time. Wondering how to get/motivate him to do his work after school by himself as I will only be home in the evening.

Maybe you want to send him to a motivation camp or workshop conducted by Adam Khoo, Ernest Wong, Mind Champ or MindEdge.

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:18 am

mummy so kiasu wrote:
weatherbee wrote:

Maybe you want to send him to a motivation camp or workshop conducted by Adam Khoo, Ernest Wong, Mind Champ or MindEdge.

I wonder if those really help after seeing my nephew.

During his primary school life, he has attended mindchamp and adam khoo. I recalled that he did Adam Khoo during p6 as his results was struggling. My sil was telling us that it is like :moneyflies: as after spending so much, there is no result. In fact, another of my nephew attended the program with him and he is P6 this year, we don't see any change in behaviour after that. He still need his parents to be on his back. The effect is probably short lived??? We were actually monitoring them as if it is effective, we don't mind sending our kids.

Now at Sec 2, things has not change for the better for my nephew as I see that he spent most of his time online after school. Tensions increased when his father control his computer usage and there are vulgarities used on fb as well. But this is probably due to teenage blues.

I feel that in their case, what went wrong was they probably didn't limit his computer usage and actually used that as a carrot to make him complete his work...

On the bright side, who knows he might become the next Bill Gate since he is so into such stuff and he has the talent for it. He might develop a game or something as I heard that he self-taught himself simple programming.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mummy so kiasu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 am

I think there is no short cut or easy way out. It is not easy to be parents nowadays. One of my friends told me that she almost want to give up on her P6 boy. She told her hubby that the son will wake up when he is being posted to normal stream. Both his parents work in the day & he spends most of his time playing computer games & watching TV.

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Working With Your Child