Will You Quit Your Job Before Finding Another?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:1

Post by Oppsgal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:19 am

Yes I have quit jobs before looking for another.

Easier to go interviews after quit the job.

Have tried looking for job before I quit, but seems unable to allocate time to fix an interview.

Some interviewer do not like to wait for you to arrive after working hours, and some do not like to wait for you to serve your notice before leaving the current job.

Since the last job, I have quit and look for jobs. Although I have tried to look for a new job before quitting, due to the above reasons, I decided to quit. So happen got the luck of having a child. Till now become a SAHM.

Right now in the middle of finding a good and responsible childcare centre, before I can have a peace of mind to continue my job search.

jho48109
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Will You Quit Your Job Before Finding Another?

Post by jho48109 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:56 am

Quitting your job is always a scary thing. But it can be downright terrifying when you don’t have another one lined up. I would look for another job first before quitting. It's not easy to find a job these days.

CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CerlynR » Fri May 03, 2019 11:54 am

I'd quit my job first before getting a new one.. sometimes you need some space and relax after working for how many years. After that, you'll get a new fresh start and you'll feel renewed. :)

kiasumom1
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kiasumom1 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:51 pm

of course find a job first before quitting. Who is gonna pay the loans if I go jobless?

Michy79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Michy79 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm

kiasumom1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:51 pm
of course find a job first before quitting. Who is gonna pay the loans if I go jobless?
True. You can't take a risk to have no job, there's so many bills to pay. :cry:

Alex75
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Alex75 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 am

Quitting the job before finding another can be a good practice. Make the most of your time off by learning something new and exciting that you can leverage like take a class, earn a new certification, take concrete steps to explore a new direction that excites you.

GoodwinJames
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by GoodwinJames » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:00 pm

I will first find a new job, and then leave the old one. Because I do not want to be unemployed in my job search.

Michy79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Michy79 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:06 pm

There's a lot of risks when you're unemployed.. there's no assurance that you'll get another job easily. There's a lot of things to consider like the bills to pay, your daily expenses and more. So it's really hard..

LucyL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by LucyL » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:24 am

I am posting this on behalf of someone close to me.
He's with the company for five years however he did not receive any increase since he started working. He was offered a job from a competitor with greater pay plus other incentives. He wanted to file his resignation but he is having a change of heart with his decision since the company he worked with has been good to him and the owner treats him like a family. He felt like if he will accept the job, he betrayed a good friend. What can you advise on his next thing to do? Should he stay or should he go?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:224

Post by slmkhoo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:10 pm

LucyL wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:24 am
I am posting this on behalf of someone close to me.
He's with the company for five years however he did not receive any increase since he started working. He was offered a job from a competitor with greater pay plus other incentives. He wanted to file his resignation but he is having a change of heart with his decision since the company he worked with has been good to him and the owner treats him like a family. He felt like if he will accept the job, he betrayed a good friend. What can you advise on his next thing to do? Should he stay or should he go?
Could he tell the present company that he has received an offer, and see if they can try to match, or at least increase his package? Especially if he's been a good worker, they should be willing to do something to keep him. Also, having a happy work environment is very precious; he shouldn't give it up lightly.