A 4 year old with cancer and a mums fight to save her life

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Postby daisyt » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:52 am

Chief, just a little suggestion. Maybe you could put a banner on the front page of this link or something prominent at the top of the forum front page to create awareness of this fund raising activitiy. :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Please help, if you can....

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:17 am

ZacK wrote:... I think the key is transparency... This is not an exercise to see who is more charitable blah blah blah... it's really up to individual discretion and according to our individual capacity to help financially...

ZacK, thanks for your suggestions. As you mentioned, I think time is the key issue here, and direct donations probably work a lot better than undertaking some fundraising activities which will take time and effort to coordinate. As Cynthia already has help from her friends and relatives in coordinating the fundraising through http://ourfeistyprincess.com website, it is probably easier to follow the instructions from that site to send your funds to her directly.

The concern is, of course, whether the money will go to Cynthia and not pilfered. I recommend that we do the following:

1. Write a cheque with Cynthia Lim's full name stated clearly on the cheque and CROSSED to ensure that it goes to her, instead of sending money to a bank account which is more difficult to verify, ie:
LIM MEI LING, CYNTHIA

2. Write your KiasuParents.com Username, and YOUR phone number at the back of your cheque:
eg. Donation by ZaCK @ KiasuParents.com @ 9123-4567

3. Make a copy of your cheque.

4. Drop off your cheque in the nearest DBS/POSB.

5. Update the thread here to update the pledge you have made from <PLEDGED> to <DONATED>.

Hopefully, Cynthia will have time to come in here to this thread respond to your well-wishes and kindness.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 am

1. <PLEDGED> mincy $50
2. <PLEDGED> Zack $80
3. <PLEDGED> barney $50
4. <PLEDGED> mom2boys $50
5. <PLEDGED> daisyt $50
6. <PLEDGED> cmm $50
7. <PLEDGED> RRMummy $50
8. <PLEDGED> ChiefKiasu $100

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ZacK » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks Chief for providing the direction to this initiative :celebrate:

I went to the blog but do not seem to be able to see the mum's (Lim Mei Ling Cynthia) bank a/c number in order to do a quick cheque drop off.... Would anyone be able to assist? Thanks.

I guess I'm touched more as a parent... Notwithstanding the fact that the survival rate may not be encouraging... I think any parent would do whatever is in their power even if the sucess rate is 5% or 10%.

For many of us, the pledge would probably mean one less family outing or one less toy for our kids... But for Charmaine, it's a chance to live. The commonality of this forum is that all of us are parents, so I hope that we can all pitch in to do what and in whatever we can to help.

:pray: :celebrate:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lucky » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:16 pm

9. <PLEDGED> lucky $50

Lucky
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mintcc » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:36 pm

:celebrate:agree with Zack.

We need to email contact@ourfeistyprincess.com for the account number. They have taken their account number down from their website previously so I think they have reasons not to publish it.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Bowie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:49 pm

1. <PLEDGED> mincy $50
2. <PLEDGED> Zack $80
3. <PLEDGED> barney $50
5. <PLEDGED> daisyt $50
6. <PLEDGED> cmm $50
7. <PLEDGED> RRMummy $50
9. <PLEDGED> Bowie's family$100.

Being parent myself, really make me feel for Charmaine and her mommy, Cynthia. Its really painful to see our little ones suffer.

I have wrote to ourfeistiyprincess.com to check if its ok to disclosed the saving acct number which I obtained when I contacted them.
(Like mincy mentioned, they blanked it off on the site, so think better check if its ok for them)

Guess direct transfer or drop off a check will be fastest way.

Do help Little Charmaine to build her fighting fund!

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mintcc » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Bowie wrote:I have wrote to ourfeistiyprincess.com to check if its ok to disclosed the saving acct number which I obtained when I contacted them.

thanks Bowie! Lucky also pledge in an ealier post so it is

1. <PLEDGED> mincy $50
2. <PLEDGED> Zack $80
3. <PLEDGED> barney $50
5. <PLEDGED> daisyt $50
6. <PLEDGED> cmm $50
7. <PLEDGED> RRMummy $50
9 <PLEDGED> lucky $50
10. <PLEDGED> Bowie's family$100.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ZacK » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:17 pm

mincy wrote::celebrate:agree with Zack.

We need to email contact@ourfeistyprincess.com for the account number. They have taken their account number down from their website previously so I think they have reasons not to publish it.

Thanks Mincy for starting this thread and bringing this to our attention... Altho i read the article... I may not have started this rolling in our forum :celebrate:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MLR » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm

1. <PLEDGED> mincy $50
2. <PLEDGED> Zack $80
3. <PLEDGED> barney $50
5. <PLEDGED> daisyt $50
6. <PLEDGED> cmm $50
7. <PLEDGED> RRMummy $50
9 <PLEDGED> lucky $50
10. <PLEDGED> Bowie's family$100.
11. <PLEDGED> MLR $50

Can someone pls PM me the account number, so that can transfer the fund. Many thanks....

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Recess Time