% of cohort who scored A1 or A2 in 2009 O Level Exams

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
Post Reply
choopecksan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 20,

% of cohort who scored A1 or A2 in 2009 O Level Exams

Post by choopecksan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:18 am

Would appreciate it if someone can share this info with me?

Wanted to know how hard it is these days to score a distinction.

Bentan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 11,

Score For A1 And A2

Post by Bentan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Since 2008, many schools are telling their students that the score for A1 is 92%. In other words, you need a total of 165 marks if paper 1 is 80 marks and paper 2 is 100 marks.

At Singapore Math Chinese Tutor, we find this generally true for Maths & Science paper.

A2 is also quite stringent for some subjects. The cutoff is around 80% or higher.

justsay
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Oct 07,

Re: Score For A1 And A2

Post by justsay » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Bentan wrote:Since 2008, many schools are telling their students that the score for A1 is 92%. In other words, you need a total of 165 marks if paper 1 is 80 marks and paper 2 is 100 marks.

At Singapore Math Chinese Tutor, we find this generally true for Maths & Science paper.

A2 is also quite stringent for some subjects. The cutoff is around 80% or higher.


What I know for last year's Emaths, 70 plus - C5, 88 - B3, 2 mistakes - A2.
Combined Science, around 80 - B3.

choopecksan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 20,

Post by choopecksan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I was also wondering out of 100 Students, how many students scored A1 or A2.

Dont know if anyone has access to this data? Please share.
Thanks

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Mar 07,

Post by POA Teacher » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:55 am

choopecksan wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I was also wondering out of 100 Students, how many students scored A1 or A2.

Dont know if anyone has access to this data? Please share.
Thanks


How hard or how easy, I think depends on the subject. The main subjects :

National average % of distinctions (A) at O levels for Express students:
ENGLISH
21.9


LITERATURE
41.9

COMBINED HUMANITIES
30.2

GEOGRAPHY
49.3

MATHEMATICS D
55.8 (i.e. majority of the candidates get A. Certainly doesn't look like you need to get anywhere near 90% !!)

ADDITIONAL MATHEMATICS
52.1

PHYSICS
41.2

CHEMISTRY
40.2

BIOLOGY
44.1

SCIENCE
(PHY/CHEM)
38.8

SCIENCE
(CHEM/BIO)
34.4

Any other subject you want to know?


wiimum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 25,
Total Likes:3

Post by wiimum » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:35 pm

How about CL and HCL?

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Mar 07,

Post by POA Teacher » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:16 pm

HIGHER CHINESE
33.7

CHINESE
33.4

wiimum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 25,
Total Likes:3

Post by wiimum » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:57 am

POA Teacher wrote:HIGHER CHINESE
33.7

CHINESE
33.4

Thanks for the information!
May I know if this info direct from the MOE?

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Mar 07,

Post by POA Teacher » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:25 pm

wiimum wrote:
POA Teacher wrote:HIGHER CHINESE
33.7

CHINESE
33.4

Thanks for the information!
May I know if this info direct from the MOE?

From a school's website. So it's from MOE.

Post Reply