1. The registration of children for admission to Primary One (P1) classes in 2019 will open from Thursday, 28 June 2018 to Wednesday, 31 October 2018.
2. All primary schools will open for registration from 8.00 am to 11.00 am and from 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm from Mondays to Fridays during the registration period. The list of primary schools and vacancies available can be found on the P1 Registration website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/primary-one-registration/.
3. In the phase (i.e. Phase 2C and 2C Supplementary) where all Singaporean/SPR students are eligible to register in, parents can register for the school of their choice using the Primary One Internet System (P1-IS). Parents who choose not to do it online can go to their school of choice to register in person.
4. To register online via the P1-IS, parents need to use their SingPass. For a simple guide on online registration, please refer to https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/primary-one-registration/internet-registration-for-phase-2c-and-2c-supplementary. The P1-IS is accessible 24 hours a day during the following periods:
- Phase 2C - From 30 July 2018, 9.00 am to 1 August 2018, 4.30 pm; and
- Phase 2C Supplementary - From 13 August 2018, 9.00 am to 14 August 2018, 4.30 pm.
5. Parents who intend to use the P1-IS in Phase 2C / 2C Supplementary are advised to set up their SingPass 2FA early if they have not done so. For more information on the 2FA setup, please visit the SingPass FAQ.
6. Under the Compulsory Education Act, Singapore Citizens born after 1 January 1996 and residing in Singapore are required to attend national primary schools. Children born between 2 January 2012 and 1 January 2013 (both dates inclusive), must be registered at this year’s P1 Registration Exercise for admission to P1 in January 2019.
7. If a child is assessed as not ready or suitable for P1 on medical grounds, a parent may seek approval from the Compulsory Education Unit for deferment of registration. Application can be made using the relevant form available on the MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/education/education-system/compulsory-education/deferment or by obtaining the form from the MOE Customer Service Centre at 1 North Buona Vista Drive Singapore 138675 (Tel: 6872-2220).
8. Any queries on Compulsory Education may be directed to MOE Compulsory Education Unit at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 6778-9356.
Registration for Younger Siblings
9. Parents registering their younger children under Phase 1 (younger sibling) may submit the registration form and relevant documents through the older sibling who will be given the form by the school.
Registration for International students
10. As announced in March 2018, International students will register at Phase 3, after all Singaporean Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) have been allocated a place under the earlier phases of the P1 registration exercise. From the 2018 P1 registration exercise, international students will be required to undergo a two- step process:
- Step 1: Submit an online ‘indication of interest’ form via the MOE P1 website, from 5 to 11 June 2018, and
- Step 2: International students who have completed Step 1 and are notified in October 2018 by MOE that they can be offered a P1 place in a school, must register in-person at the designated schools during Phase 3 of the 2018 P1 registration exercise (in late October 2018).
11. International students who do not submit the ‘indication of interest’ form to MOE by 11 June 2018 will not be able to register during Phase 3 of the P1 registration exercise.
12. This ‘indication of interest’ is not considered as registration. As in previous P1 Exercises, parents of international students should note that school admission at Phase 3 is not guaranteed, since there are limited vacancies remaining after places have been allocated to SC/PR children.
Address Used for Registration
13. The address used in the P1 Registration Exercise should be the parents’ official residential address as reflected on their NRICs. This address will be used to determine the home-school distance, where required for consideration of priority in admissions. The home-school distance priority is given with the expectation that the family will reside at the said address used for registration for the duration of the child’s primary school studies, as it is for the convenience and interest of the child.
14. A child who gains priority admission into a school through the home-school distance category is required to reside at the address used for registration for at least 30 months from the commencement of the P1 Registration Exercise on 28 June 2018. If this condition is not met, MOE reserves the right to transfer the child to another school with vacancies, as the priority admission to the first school was based on the declared address used for registration.
15. Any registrant found to have provided false information during the P1 Registration Exercise will be referred to the Police for investigation. A child who is successfully registered in a school based on false information given will be transferred to another school with available vacancies after all eligible children have been registered.
16. Parents can find out more about the documents required for registration, including registration for overseas Singaporeans through the P1 Registration Exercise website at http://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/primary-one-registration/.
17. The dates for the different phases of registration can be found here:
18. Information on the P1 Registration Exercise is also available as an insert of the Primary School Education Booklet, which is distributed to kindergartens and childcare centres. This can also be found at:
19. Parents can view P1 Registration videos containing tips and further information to prepare them for the registration of their child. The videos are available via this link: