1. 1Four Special Education (SPED) teachers will receive the MOE Masters Scholarship in Special Education for 2017 and 2018. They are:
- Kenneth Lai Chen Ning, Tanglin School
- Mohamed Edhamriza Bin Hamwal, MINDS - Lee Kong Chian Gardens School
- Sharifah Masturah Shahab-Yokoyama, Rainbow Centre - Yishun Park School
- Esther Kwan Huey Chien, Grace Orchard School
2. Kenneth Lai, Mohamed Edhamriza and Sharifah Masturah will be pursuing their Master of Education (Special Education) at the National Institute of Education (NIE). Esther Kwan will be pursuing her Master of Education in Special Education) at Vanderbilt University, USA. More information on the scholarship recipients can be found in the Annex.
3. The MOE Masters Scholarship in Special Education was started in 2011 to provide SPED educators with professional upgrading opportunities through postgraduate studies. The scholarship is open to registered Singaporean SPED teachers who have served at least five years in SPED schools.
4. The scholarship recipients will be acknowledged at the biennial SPED Conference on 2 November 2018.