1. To further enhance protection of our school students and staff against the 2019 Novel Coronavirus infection, MOE and MSF will be taking additional precautionary measures to minimise congregation of students in large numbers. These measures will be effective from 5 February 2020.
2. MOE will be implementing the following measures in primary and secondary schools, Special Education (SPED) schools, Junior Colleges and Millennia Institute:
- Large group and communal activities such as assemblies, camps and mass celebrations will be suspended
- Recess times in schools will be staggered
- CCAs and after-school programmes may continue, in smaller groups.
3. The Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) will also step up precautionary measures in all preschools as follows. These measures will also apply to specific social services for vulnerable groups e.g. residential facilities, disability day activity centres.
- Large group and communal activities such as assemblies, excursions, fieldtrips and mass celebrations will be suspended
- Health checks and temperature screening for all children, staff and visitors will continue. The frequency of temperature taking for children and staff will be increased.
4. These additional measures will allow MOE and MSF to mitigate the potential risks posed when students gather in large numbers, while enabling schools and preschools to continue with a majority of their usual learning and activities. Schools and preschools will closely monitor the health of students and staff, and advise them to see a doctor immediately if they are sick. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and will implement further measures should the situation escalate.