Examination rescheduled to Monday, 19 November 2018, 10.00am
1. The Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) has rescheduled the 2018 GCE O-Level Literature in Tamil Paper 1 from Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 2.00pm, to Monday, 19 November 2018, 10.00am.
2. The GCE O-Level examination is conducted within October and November each year. In planning the timetable, SEAB is mindful about balancing the number of papers that candidates have to sit within this time frame, while minimising timetable clashes due to the variety of subject combinations offered.
3. When there is a gazetted festive public holiday within the examination period, SEAB will avoid scheduling examinations on the afternoon of the eve of the festival and in the morning after the festival to minimise disruption to the festive celebrations.
4. This year, Deepavali falls on 6 November, which is in the middle of the examination schedule. SEAB received feedback about the GCE O-Level Literature in Tamil Paper 1 taking place a day after Deepavali.
5. After careful deliberation, SEAB will be rescheduling the paper to 19 November 2018 at 10.00am, which is the last day of the GCE O-Level examination. As there are only nine candidates taking this paper, the marking and results processing can still be completed in time for the 2018 GCE O-Level examination results release in January 2019.
6. There are no changes to the examination timetable for the other GCE O- Level papers1 scheduled on Wednesday, 7 November 2018. The updated examination timetable can be accessed on SEAB’s website.
- GCE O-Level Islamic Religious Knowledge (2080) Paper 1; GCE O-Level Literature in Chinese (2093) Paper 1; GCE O-Level Literature in Malay (2238) Paper 1; GCE O-Level Burmese (3249) Paper 1; GCE O-Level Thai (3260) Paper 1