1. MOE has enhanced the facilitated Secondary School admissions process for Returning Singaporean (RS) children, to better support their entry or re-entry into our education system upon their return from abroad.
2. Currently, RS children intending to join our secondary schools at the start of the academic year can do so via the School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporeans-Secondary (SPERS-Sec). The centralised placement exercise is held towards the end of each year for school admissions at the start of the following academic year. For RS children who return at other times of the year and do not have a preference for a specific secondary school, they may approach MOE who will facilitate their admission into one of our secondary schools with vacancies near their residence.
3. As of 1 April 2019, MOE has enhanced this facilitated admissions process for RS children seeking admission into our secondary schools in two ways:
Shorter processing time of three working days (compared to two weeks previously); and
Provide an assured place in an identified secondary school as early as three months before they return to Singapore (compared to the previous process where the place is confirmed only after they return to Singapore).
4. As more Singaporean families venture abroad to seize opportunities, MOE will continue to support them by ensuring that their children are able to access and benefit from Singapore’s education system upon their return.
5. Eligible applicants can submit their application online at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/returning-singaporeans/admission-to-secondary-school/assured-school-placement. For more information on the enhancements and support schemes for Returning Singaporeans, please visit https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/returning-singaporeans.