1. The Committee to Promote Chinese Language Learning (CPCLL) has compiled and released 14 winning student entries from the National Schools Xinyao Singing and Songwriting Competition 2019 as a song compilation titled "Xin Kong Xia 2020". Two songs, 《花》 (Flower) and《华佗》 (Hua Tuo), were also chosen to be produced into music videos.
2. The song compilation aims to promote our local cultural heritage, xinyao, and encourage students to learn Chinese language in an interesting and engaging manner. The songs are inspired by a wide range of themes such as perseverance, friendship, family, dreams, and history that are relatable to the students.
3. Secondary schools and junior colleges/Millennia Institute will receive a special notebook containing the lyrics of the 14 songs, information on the student winners, and judges' comments on the songs. Teachers can infuse these songs in their Chinese lessons to help students develop greater interest in the Chinese language.
4. The 14 songs and two music videos can be accessed via the CPCLL website and the newly launched CPCLL YouTube channel. A showcase of the songs will be held later this year at Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay.
5. Students interested to take part in this year's "Xin Kong Xia" National Schools Music Camp and Xinyao Singing and Songwriting Competition can sign up via the CPCLL website from end-April. Students in secondary schools, ITE, pre-universities, polytechnics, and local government-funded universities are eligible to apply.
6. Co-organised by the Committee to Promote Chinese Language Learning, Jurong Pioneer Junior College, Lianhe Zaobao and TCR Music Station, the National Schools Xinyao Singing and Songwriting Competition and "Xin Kong Xia 2020" song compilation are part of the rebranded "Xin Kong Xia" National Schools Xinyao Festival.
7. For more details on the different activities in this year's Festival, do visit CPCLL's website at www.cpcll.sg and SPH's website at www.zaobao.com/special/report/singapore/xin-kong-xia.