Students, educators, parents, and members of the public are invited to nominate outstanding Malay language teachers for the Arif Budiman Malay Language Teachers' Award (AGAB) 2020. The award aims to recognise Malay language teachers in primary and secondary schools, junior colleges and the Millennia Institute who have made significant contributions to the teaching and learning of the Malay language.
2. Since its inauguration in 2007, AGAB has recognised a total of 61 primary, secondary and pre-university Malay language teachers. There will be a total of four awards given out under the following categories:
- (i) Primary School; and
- (ii) Secondary School & Pre-university.
3. Nominees will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Ability to instil knowledge, skills and interest in the learning of the Malay language, literature and culture;
- Dedication and commitment to the pursuit of excellence in the teaching and learning of the Malay language in the classrooms and beyond;
- Care and concern for the well-being and needs of their students; and
- Display of the values of 'Arif Budiman' (Arif Budiman refers to a learned person who contributes to society) through excellent and exemplary service as an educator.
4. Nominations open on 24 February and will close on 10 April 2020. The official nomination form, which will be distributed to all Singapore schools, can also be downloaded from:
Alternatively, nominations can be made online via https://tinyurl.com/AGAB-2020.
5. AGAB 2020 is jointly organised by the Malay Language Council, Singapore; Malay Language Teachers Association; Berita Harian; and the Malay Language Learning and Promotion Committee. The AGAB 2020 recipients will be announced in November this year.
6. For more information, please email the AGAB 2020 Organising Committee at MOE_MLLPC_Secretariat@moe.gov.sg.